the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tories hold 9-point lead over NDP, poll shows

+2
Triniman
grumpy old man
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Tories hold 9-point lead over NDP, poll shows

By WINNIPEG SUN
New polling numbers released Tuesday show the provincial Tories still hold a decided advantage over the ruling NDP.

The international polling firm Angus Reid reported Tuesday the Opposition Tories have a nine-point lead over the NDP. That’s down from the 15-point lead Hugh McFadyen’s Conservatives had when Angus Reid last did polling on the subject in September.

The latest poll, conducted during the second week of November, saw support for the Tories at 46%, down three points from the fall. NDP support in Manitoba is at 37% — the same level it was at in Angus Reid’s February 2010 poll.

NDP support dipped to 36% in June and 34% in September, according to previous polls conducted by the same firm.

The Liberals were at 13%, up from 12% in September, while Green Party support remained unchanged at 4%.

Something that may cause concern for New Democrats, however, is the apparently growing feeling in Manitoba it’s time for a change in government.

Angus Reid reports 54% of those surveyed now feel “a different provincial party should be elected into power.”

That number has climbed steadily from 42% last November and throughout 2010.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Imagine what the numbers would look like with a real leader in opposition. Maybe the PCs have a genius strategy that will reveal itself and result in a landslide victory. I have no confidence in that though.

The trend is encouraging IMO.

Anonymous

I'm not sure Hugh has what it takes to beat the NDP

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

There's no choice but Hugh to form a different government. People will hold their noses and vote the Tories in. Hugh is benefiting from the feeling that it's time for a change.
I can't wait to see Hugh vs Selinger in a debate.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I dont think Hugh has what it takes either. Mind you, I am not familiar enough with the PC party in MB to say if there are any real leaders out there already.

Not that it matters much because the NDP dont have a leader now either.

Anonymous

The really good thing Doer did in opposition was that he never quit hammering the Tories. Hugh isn't doing that and the NDP base with 10 plus seats more will not hold their noses, they are quite content voting for a "winner", like any other people.

Hugh's got enough ammunition but he hasn't used it and the Tories still have a bad taste for eating one of their own ( Loewen ) 2 years before the collapse of Crocus.
Nah, he needs something really big to win Winnipeg, and that is a direct transfer Payment from Province and he's got to get the message out forcefully. Doing the breakfast schtick and counting on a selinger collapse ain't gonna cut it.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Time to start speculating...will the NDP dust off one of their antiques? Blaiklie?? Tommy Douglas?? Stanley Knowles?? Oops, sorry the last 2 are dead, but they probably still stand a chance.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I think the NDPs only chance is to go with a bunch of young newbies that have no connection to the mistakes made in the past.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

If any one bothers to do some research, DeanK- put up how long the different parties have stayed in power.
I think every 10 years or so , the public wants a change.
Gary Filmon was in power for ? 10 or 11 years, I believe, and then was voted out, and for no real reason!

http://www.elansofas.com

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Tories hold 9-point lead over NDP, poll shows 350px-MB_elections2

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

an easier to read one.

Tories hold 9-point lead over NDP, poll shows 800px-Manitoba_general_election_results%2C_1907-2007_1.0

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

way better DeanK! lol But only up to 1966- that is fine for me, as I was still voting NDP back then! That is what one does when one is a student!

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

You have to ask yourself which party cut it off?
Is this something the WikiLeaks would be interested in?

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Interesting 11 years for the NDP! Doer was a very patient Leader of the oppsition!
Bided his time until Conservative Government passed enough legislation that put off enough people , to win.
Same thing now!
This extra $Billion dollar waste to force Manitoba Hydro to waste valuable money , building on the west side of the Lakes.
Did you see the whole page in the Free Press yesterday , where 19 "retired" engineers lambasted that position?
All retired so their careers wouldn't be shut down by a vindictive Harper, er oops the NDP! lol

cherenkov

cherenkov
contributor plus
contributor plus

That's an interesting chart. There is a definite negative correlation between the NDP and the Liberals since the 60s. Suggests that a very weak Liberal party is bad news for the Conservatives.

http://anybody-want-a-peanut.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum