the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shooting at Portage Place Mall

+8
Freeman
AGEsAces
EdWin
Goth_chic
Electrician
SMW
grumpy old man
Deank
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:00 pm

Electrician

general-contributor
general-contributor

I thought he was up in the tower.

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

27Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:41 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

That's actually very weird.

I was there at 12:15pm today meeting Chernekov...he's the one who got the tickets from me for the UCW thing tonight.

I hope he wasn't involved in that.

I know when I reached Sherbrook, about 4 cop cars had lights on heading the other way towards Portage Place...it may have happened just after I left.

http://www.photage.ca

28Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:43 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"it may have happened just after I left"
uhhuh... yeah thats what they all say..

29Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:56 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

What is the shots were fired from the south side of Portage? Does this put it into River Heights? Very Happy

30Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:07 am

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Just read the Sun's report. So why are local authorities allowing such scums to hang out there in the first place? If normal peeps can't wait for their bus in a shelter right smack DOWNTOWN without being harassed, why don't the police clean up the area??
Boy, now I'm starting to understand what special agent XXXXXXXX was trying to explain to me,
without sayin' it out LOUD...

31Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:11 am

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

hehe. One day, when Dean goes out for his daily supplies of Big Macs, the WPS is gonna pin him down saying he's got
Big Smacks in his bag...
No, but seriously, why are they letting things get so out of control?

32Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:57 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

you trying to make me crave big macs??? cause if you are.. its working

33Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:01 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

yeah a group of people tried assualting me near that bus shelter back in 1990. Those were my crazier days though, and at that time you just needed to kick the crap out of the "attacker" in the gang to send them a message. Swarming, carrying guns, never really existed. (and for the record the wimps could not fight for shite either)

34Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:28 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

The whole story headline is a lie!
There was no shooting at Portage Place Mall , was there???
The bullcrap reporter, in order to get someone to read her story changed the location!
This person was shot while in a Transit Bus shelter, sitting in downtown Winnipeg.
What has this to do with Portage Place? Nothing!!
This is obviously a false headline and all of you have fallen for it.
Portage Place has lots of security and this is a terrible job of misleading headlining and of course we are all grateful that it wasn't reported as another asault in the NORTHEND!

Last edited by rosencrentz on Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : my own and none of yours!)

http://www.elansofas.com

35Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:53 am

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

We didn't think for a moment that that bus shelter was stuck right smack in the middle of the mall...
We don't fall for those false reports from the press.
WE ONLY KNOW THAT THE SHOOTING TOOK PLACE ON THE NORTH SIDE OF PORTAGE AVE. SO IT HAPPENED IN THE NORTH END.
Now, being that the guy took off towards the south side of Portage only makes things worse... How the heck is that guy ever gonna find his way home again? scratch

36Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:15 pm

death128

death128
contributor
contributor

AGEsAces wrote:That's actually very weird.

I was there at 12:15pm today meeting Chernekov...he's the one who got the tickets from me for the UCW thing tonight.

I hope he wasn't involved in that.

I know when I reached Sherbrook, about 4 cop cars had lights on heading the other way towards Portage Place...it may have happened just after I left.
Headline
Internet Flaming Shooting, UCW Tix Used as Bait
tsk tsk

37Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:28 pm

Anonymous

This will really bring in the shoppers for Christmas.

38Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:35 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Pavolo wrote:This will really bring in the shoppers for Christmas.
heh... no doubt.

39Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:36 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

the pp mall people must be just shaking from this. People dont want to go downtown shopping as it is. and now this? yikes...

40Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:00 am

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

No wonder they go to Grand Forks for their shopping...

41Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:04 am

Anonymous

Yea thats another story all together , had a women wanted us to honour warranty on product bought at Mennards. Shes going back to Mennards . Just so you know stores up here do not have to honour lifetime Warranty on US product.

42Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:43 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

That's a shame. I suppose that works in the reverse? So If I bought my Chrysler product in Canada a US Chrysler dealership would not honour the warranty while traveling through the US?

Certainly I can understand a Ford dealership not honouring a Chrysler warranty.

I can also understand a Home Depot store in Winnipeg not honouring a Mennards warranty. There are just some consumers you really don't want in your business. That Mennards lady is one such customer.

43Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:19 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I hope that this incident provides the impetus this city needs to introduce a new public safety policy for downtown Winnipeg. We should begin by introducing beat officers. Not just a pair or two but several pairs. What else needs to be done? And how long should we wait for Katz and Doer to take action?

Roberta Hudson said she was walking with her four-year-old daughter near the Portage Avenue bus shelter attached to the Portage Place shopping centre shortly before 1 p.m. Friday when she was startled by a loud noise that sounded like a window being punched.

Hudson said that immediately after she heard the sound, a tall thin man ran from the large, glass-enclosed transit shelter and disappeared south on Edmonton Street directly across from the mall.

Moments later, the victim came out of the shelter cradling his abdomen and lurched inside the mall to seek help. She said she didn't see any blood, but he was clearly hurt.

"It looked like he was in pain holding his stomach," Hudson said.

Other witnesses reported hearing numerous shots in rapid succession. Police have confirmed there were at least two shots.

Police said the victim was struck by bullets in the leg and abdomen. A single spent shell casing was on the floor of the bus shelter.

Winnipeg police spokesman Const. Blair Good said the rapid-fire arrival of the organized crime unit to the scene was coincidence -- not an indication the shooting was gang-related.

"Just because it was a gang unit on scene doesn't mean it was a gang incident."

Paramedics took the victim out of the mall on a stretcher shortly after police arrived. The man was conscious as he was placed in the ambulance. Police said he was taken to hospital in critical condition, but was quickly upgraded to stable.

Police have identified the victim, but did not release his name.

Good said Friday afternoon that police are still working to identify the shooter.

Shortly after the victim was driven away by medics, a number of squad cars on scene peeled away with lights and sirens blazing. It's believed the suspect was spotted nearby and police were rushing to try to capture him.

Police called the shooting "extremely disturbing," and said it's lucky no one else in the area was hurt.

"Downtown, there's literally thousands of people wandering all over the place, (and) we're very fortunate some innocent passersby weren't injured," Good said.

james.turner@freepress.mb.ca

44Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:30 am

Anonymous

Cars are the exception , but most things like taps and cameras electronics . No the Canadian store doe.s not have to , as the Canadian division of the company cannot claim it to the US parent company.
The tap she had bought was Meon funny I remember her coming in 1 month earlier and saying she would buy it in the states to her girlfreind . But they love to bitch about life here to cept when it comes to free health care then of course being from here ain't so bad .
Sad this shotting but as long as you can get guns into Canada from the US and dump them cheaply . And the perp who doe's the shooting gets no penalty for it the feeling is why not.
Course drug money is involved and gangs we have allowed the lifestyle to be glamorized, gangs .

45Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:39 pm

Anonymous

^^
I agree GOM...

We should have numerous duos of cops walking around downtown...a few in the mall itself also. To have two cops (as it is now I believe) patrolling between the Bay and P&M is just stupid.

46Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:09 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"The tap she had bought was Meon funny I remember her coming in 1 month earlier and saying she would buy it in the states to her girlfreind "

hehehe.... talk about Just punishment eh?.. I wonder how much more that tap has cost her now that she has to go back to the states again for the warranty portion of it?

47Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:11 pm

Anonymous

...and what did she save....$5, $10, $20 ??? lol

48Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:13 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

yeah..oh man is that ever funny eh? hell even if she "saved" $200. hehehehehe...

49Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:30 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

How long ago was it that Gail Asper made comments about the downtown? Do you think she orchestrated this shooting just to illustrate her point?

(without Zwikster posting, someone has to take the conspiracy angle)

50Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:35 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Harrumph. Zwikster would have supported his conspiracy theory with 326 links. Either do it right or not at all...

51Shooting at Portage Place Mall - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at Portage Place Mall Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:43 pm

Anonymous

Either that or blamed the IP for it and being put up to it by the Crip .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum