the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

2010 Season: Game Three: Winnipeg vs. Hamilton

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Bombers let one get away last week. First road game. Arch-rival (well in the East anyway) Hamilton.

Who wins?

I say Bombers 33 - 24.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

45-22 for hamilton

http://www.elansofas.com

Northlands

Northlands
contributor
contributor

Wow. We sure took that one on the chin. I hope Buck's alright...

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Pee-uuuuu. A stinker. So, let's recap the year.

Game one: great game. Bombers looked amazing.
Game two: meh. Nothing special, but the Bombers could have won the game.
Game three: complete stinker. offense and defence.

Which Bomber team will show up next week in Edmonton?

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Our season is over with our quarterback out for the next 8 games!

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I blame you for this loss rosen. As a penalty you will have to buy breakfast next time.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

My pleasure! I have been looking at my yard and am really disappointed in that I cannot see anyplace to hide if there is a rainfall and cannot see the 2nd annual barbeque going forward, unless it is perhaps after the mosquitp season and oh well lets think breakfast or brunch or lunch!
Went to Good Earth Chinese all you can eat and stuff into your pockets on portage avenue, twice WOW , pretty good for lunch and really pretty close, so we'll have to try it or even breakfast works pretty good and how about them bomber's??

Anonymous

How's this for attitude?

"It felt great," he (Jyles) said. "Disappointed that we lost, we still lost, but it felt good to get out there, run around a bit and throw a few passes. Just have to build from that."

Doesn't this guy know this is for real? Run around a bit indeed. He seemed content that he got his ass kicked. What a loser.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Nah, he came on in relief after Pierce was injured. He was not the reason the Bombers lost. And with a little luck (and better defense) he might have led a stronger comeback. As it was he was one of only a few bright spots last night.

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

F'ing figures, hey? We FINALLY get a decent player, and he gets injured (quite possibly seriously) right at the beginning of the season. I feel bad for him, but honestly, it's likely going to be another season of crap Bomber football. Can Winnipeg ever catch a break when it comes to having a winning pro sports franchise (sorry, I don't count minor league baseball Smile)

Very frustrating.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

EdWin you ever carry a positive thought? Cheer up man.

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Huh? Why, is it only you that is allowed to have angry moments around here? Is everyone else supposed to be chipper 24/7 except you? If the Bombers lose, over and over and over and over and over and over again, and I'm pissed off about it, and I supposed to do The Red River Jig?

Nah, I vent, much like yourself. And to imply that I never have positive thoughts? You know darn well how incorrect that assumption is.

Yes, that is right. Today, I am a GOM. But tomorrow will be better, as I'll have a day off instead of writing reports 2010 Season: Game Three: Winnipeg vs. Hamilton Icon_smile

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Of course not. But you don't think you post an over-abundance of negative, woe is Winnipeg number of posts? I went back and counted. 1800 posts were negative. I only had 10,000 angry posts...

Ya gotta chill sometime. It's not always Winnipeg end-of-the-world stuff izall I'm sayin'.

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

It's only a game EdWin...seriously man take a chill pill.

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Oh great. Thanks for making a portion this thread about me instead of letting me just vent like you do, but I guess I'm different for whatever reason. Well, now I have to defend myself.
Okay, here is what I am not crazy about:
The civic leadership, the provincial leadership, certain aboriginal chiefs and their threats towards non-natives, the bombers pitiful performances, the ample amount of questionable people downtown, lack of vision, the huge lingering "Winnipeg is too small, too poor to do anything of significance to make it a better city" mentiality of many, mosquitos, etc. I'm sure there is more, but those are the biggies.
Here is what I love:
The new stadium, the new airport, the fact that the Jets WILL be back within a year or two, the fact that we may get LRT over poormans BRT, Centreport Canada, Manitoba summers along with the abundance of lakes, the increasing immigraton in Winnipeg and Manitoba, downtown residential developments with hopefully many more on the way, my family and friends back home, my girlfriend, that my job takes me to beautiful British Columbia, etc. I'm sure there is more, but those are the biggies, and I know that I have talked about them in a VERY positive way, and you damn well know that.
Now that this is settled, can we please get back to the subject at hand, being the Bombers and how to make them a winning team???
Gracias!!!!!!!

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

How about what you are crazy about? What is there about Winnipeg that does strike a positive chord with you?

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Reread my post. It might become more apparent in what I was implying.
This thread has been driven off course enough, so let's get back on topic please 2010 Season: Game Three: Winnipeg vs. Hamilton 741416

Anonymous

I have to admit that I felt (pretty much feel) the same way after this last game. Just say'n. 2010 Season: Game Three: Winnipeg vs. Hamilton Icon_sad

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I missed the game and to be honest am happy I did!

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

So did many of the Bombers.

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

That's what I hear! LOL

I went to the game last Friday and had a good time...even though they lost.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I'll be attending the Edmonton game next Saturday despite the sky is falling prophesy. Mind you I HATE the 5:30PM start time.

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

5:30 seems a little early. The hubby is bugging me for season tickets, not too sure that I want to spend $1,000.00 a year on the Bombers. We'll see though...

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

$1000? How many tix you buying?

Oh, for BOTH of you... You can buy much cheaper seats and see if you enjoy the game day experience 9 times a year. Plus, getting season tix now gets you an opportunity for better seat selection in the new stadium.

Get them on the east side though. That's where all the great fans sit. Well, where one great fan sits anyhoo.

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

The tickets we were looking at were west side sec C lower grandstands. Great seats but expensive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum