the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pizza crust

+7
Freeman
djh
Deank
GGF
grumpy old man
anny
Jondo
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Pizza crust Empty Pizza crust Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:50 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Okay I need help understanding this. Just ordered two pizzas from Gondola. Guy asks what kind of crust. I say their regular (thin?) because that's their thing right? So I get home and it's the big loaf of bread pizza. The insert menu describes that if I want thin crust (who doesn't?) then it's like $4 extra.
Here's the question and I need a logical answer. How is less more. How is less crust more damn dough (as in $)??
I now have a ban on Gondola. First, for not being clear on the crust thing and then also for the scheme of charging more for less.

2Pizza crust Empty Re: Pizza crust Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:56 pm

anny

contributor
contributor

I've always understood regular crust to be the chewy, thicker kind. I don't understand the extra charge for thin crust, though. Even if someone does have to reshape the dough, that's a weak argument for so little manpower.

http://dineoutwinnipeg.tumblr.com/

3Pizza crust Empty Re: Pizza crust Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:58 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Their standard has always been thin crust. To charge extra is annoying. I only order from Gondola occasionally these days. Too expensive IMO...

4Pizza crust Empty Re: Pizza crust Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:24 pm

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Yeah GOM that sucks when you have to pay extra for thin crust...and...

And my wife and I always make our own homemade pizza crust from scratch and pizza etc...Goooodd Stuff!...GGF

5Pizza crust Empty Re: Pizza crust Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:14 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

you could always order this awesome deal from Gondola

1 large two topping pizza for $9.99
or
2 large two topping pizzas for $19.99

yeah you do that math on that.

6Pizza crust Empty Re: Pizza crust Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:44 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Exactly. I had that discussion with the dummy on the phone. It was an Abbot and Costello routine except he was clueless to it. He tells me the deal (2 pizzas). I said - I'm calling for the promo I saw - 1 large for $9.99. He says - well we have a another deal - 2 large for $19.99. I say - Are you serious? He says - what do you mean? I say - Is that sort of the same as two of the first deal except a penny more? He thinks and says I guess you could look at it like that.
So then I discuss the crust with the same dummy which resulted in the wrong crust. Regular should mean what people regularly order (if not, be specific). Are people in the business of customer service any more or just riddles? My wife and I are seriously considering a farm many miles away from the brain-rot that seems to be overtaking society. Give me a reason to stay. I'll bet you can't.

7Pizza crust Empty Re: Pizza crust Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:39 pm

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Hey peeps it smells real good in my house right now because my wife has been making fresh homemade pizza...and...

And that is with pizza dough right from scratch and thin crust and too many toppings to count and all...and...

And just the way we like it...and...

And it is just about ready...UM, um, good...and...

And I would love to have some of you over sometime so you could enjoy some just like so many other people have etc...and...

And just one rule...You bring the brews...GGF

8Pizza crust Empty Re: Pizza crust Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:47 pm

djh

djh
contributor
contributor

just polished off half a JUMBO mr B. RP special. transcona favorite for years. one pizza can easily feed three normal appeites. also 12 wings for 5 bucks. awesome.

9Pizza crust Empty Re: Pizza crust Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:03 pm

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Yeah for us it is not the price that matters etc...It's just we cannot find any pizzas anywhere like the ones we make...GGF

10Pizza crust Empty Re: Pizza crust Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:08 pm

djh

djh
contributor
contributor

Pizza crust 306956 Pizza crust 970993 miz pukes et als favorite retarded responses. just learned how to use them! happy times!

11Pizza crust Empty Re: Pizza crust Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:12 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

GGF wrote:Hey peeps it smells real good in my house right now because my wife has been making fresh homemade pizza...and...

And that is with pizza dough right from scratch and thin crust and too many toppings to count and all...and...

And just the way we like it...and...

And it is just about ready...UM, um, good...and...

And I would love to have some of you over sometime so you could enjoy some just like so many other people have etc...and...

And just one rule...You bring the brews...GGF

I'll call your neighbour.

12Pizza crust Empty Re: Pizza crust Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:29 pm

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Freeman you said:

I'll call your neighbour.

So what's your point Freeman other then you are a...well you know...A...

Troll

13Pizza crust Empty Re: Pizza crust Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:31 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I know, I know, I'm a thrall.

14Pizza crust Empty Re: Pizza crust Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:03 pm

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Beautiful substance your adding to a Thread called Pizza crust there Freeman...GGF

15Pizza crust Empty Re: Pizza crust Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:06 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I do what I can. No need to thank me.

16Pizza crust Empty Re: Pizza crust Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:11 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

GGF, it is a valid response - what Freeman said.....you wanna throw a party? Have a good time? Share some great food? Why not ask your neighbour? Sounds like decent people to me....

You know damned well what you have been doing on this forum since day one of your posting....using it as your personal vendetta board, trying to get sympathy. Well dude you have done nothing but aggravate folks with your terrible writing, your inability to be concise and articulate and your constant need to have everything eventually come around to the topic of YOU.

You, GGF, are the troll - perhaps not THE troll like djh, but a significant one in that you are true to troll form. Why is it that all trolls play the same friggin game of oh my but I am only trying to keep things on track and proper on X forum....so predictable you are GGF.

Start your own damned forum or better yet, go over to Lenny's as no one is talking with him and he is so lonely.

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

17Pizza crust Empty Re: Pizza crust Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:20 pm

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Miz Point(less) adding nothing to a thread called "Pizza Crust"...GGF

18Pizza crust Empty Re: Pizza crust Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:26 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Oh I could add much, much more of substance to this thread other than what I have already stated.

19Pizza crust Empty Re: Pizza crust Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:51 am

Anonymous

So....anybody have a good pizza dough recipe?

20Pizza crust Empty Re: Pizza crust Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:59 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

JTF!!! ...greeblok...

21Pizza crust Empty Re: Pizza crust Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:00 am

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

I'll somehow get Gondola's thin crust recipe. I'm guessing all we need to cut them out of the loop is a convection oven capable of 550f. I have one. I will proudly let them know that I now regularly make their pizza at home. They can lower their retarded pricing if they hope to get me back. I'm saving these two big Gondola boxes so I can re-create the entire experience whenever we want. I'll even have my wife ring the doorbell before we eat.

22Pizza crust Empty Re: Pizza crust Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:01 am

Anonymous

lol!

23Pizza crust Empty Re: Pizza crust Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:20 am

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

JTF wrote:So....anybody have a good pizza dough recipe?
I have several incredible dough recipes; but here is the trick. Use a pizza stone and corn meal.

My crust is made with my sourdough starter, is herb infused, rolled thin and not overworked. Cooked at a super-high heat will yield the best results crust-wise.

For thicker, Chicago-style pizzas, high heat to start with to "shock" dough, then crank it down to 375......use cast iron if you can.

There, said I would have much more to say - of substance or substances? Pizza crust Icon_smile

24Pizza crust Empty Re: Pizza crust Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:28 am

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

JTF wrote:So....anybody have a good pizza dough recipe?

* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 1 tablespoon kosher salt
* 1 tablespoon pure olive oil
* 3/4 cup warm water
* 2 cups bread flour (for bread machines)
* 1 teaspoon instant yeast
* 2 teaspoons olive oil
* Olive oil, for the pizza crust
* Flour, for dusting the pizza peel

Place the sugar, salt, olive oil, water, 1 cup of flour, yeast, and remaining cup of flour into the mixer's work bowl.

Using the paddle attachment, start the mixer on low and mix until the dough just comes together, forming a ball. Lube the hook attachment with cooking spray. Attach the hook to the mixer and knead for 15 minutes on medium speed.

Tear off a small piece of dough and flatten into a disc. Stretch the dough until thin. Hold it up to the light and look to see if the baker's windowpane, or taut membrane, has formed. If the dough tears before it forms, knead the dough for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.

I found this recipe on the net and it is delicious. God love Alton Brown, he rocks.

25Pizza crust Empty Re: Pizza crust Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:46 am

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Alton Brown drives me crazy but he has great cooking mojo and breaks down the chemistry end of things for the home cook. Cooking is an art form but baking is a science. I have been playing with 24 hour "proofs" on my doughs, yielding a richer sourdough taste....my starter has been going since I came back from CR last summer. I still use a yeast mixture for some doughs but will incorporate some of the sourdough into it and once that is proofed I set aside a fist sized piece in the fridge to be used for the next day's baking.....the pizza dough I tend to make in large batches and then freeze in ziploc bags for those days when i do not have the time to proof. I can take a ball of it out of the freezer and it is ready to use within two hours.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum