the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

the NDP have gone full retard.

+5
St Norberter
grumpy old man
LivingDead
Freeman
Deank
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1the NDP have gone full retard. Empty the NDP have gone full retard. Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:52 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/ndp-to-field-council-candidates-79038547.html

"Manitoba New Democrats plan to nominate candidates in Winnipeg's next civic election, formalizing a process that's been informal in the past.Senior NDP officials say the party may hold nomination meetings in Winnipeg wards where more than one party member wants to run for office in the 2010 general election."

2the NDP have gone full retard. Empty Re: the NDP have gone full retard. Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:23 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Yeah, like party politics didn't exist at the civic level before.

3the NDP have gone full retard. Empty Re: the NDP have gone full retard. Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:28 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Oh I know that was there.. but this whole... nomination meeting thing? I am not even certain that is legal based on the funding priorities and advertising dollars and such. Any money spent on a campaign before the campaign, including money spent by the NDP membership to hold the campaign would possibly violate council rules.

4the NDP have gone full retard. Empty Re: the NDP have gone full retard. Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:35 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

LOL, the title made me laugh. The NDP have gone full retard. That statement was true back in the 70's, whats changed?

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

5the NDP have gone full retard. Empty Re: the NDP have gone full retard. Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:34 am

Anonymous

All in favor of creating a new political party in Manitoba (similiar to the Saskatchewan Party in SK), say "I"

6the NDP have gone full retard. Empty Re: the NDP have gone full retard. Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:49 am

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

LennyJessop wrote:All in favor of creating a new political party in Manitoba (similiar to the Saskatchewan Party in SK), say "I"

As long as the party is all for smaller goverment, pay down the provincial debt, cut welfare services after 1 year to those who are able to work, after debt is paid cut income taxes, immediately eliminate payrol tax and business tax. Also make some legislation that enables Manitoba to be like quebec and have our own criminal code. That way we can deal with our riff raff appropriately. Pass some legislation forcing the Winnipeg city to Recycle Land. IE no more Urban sprawl. Encourrage renovating existing buildings, increase fines by 1000% for slum lords and make demolition by negligence an indictable offense.

I'd join that party.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

7the NDP have gone full retard. Empty Re: the NDP have gone full retard. Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:01 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

8the NDP have gone full retard. Empty Re: the NDP have gone full retard. Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:42 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

LennyJessop wrote:All in favor of creating a new political party in Manitoba (similiar to the Saskatchewan Party in SK), say "I"

Would it be ok if I said "Aye"? the NDP have gone full retard. Icon_smile

9the NDP have gone full retard. Empty Re: the NDP have gone full retard. Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:05 am

St Norberter

St Norberter
major-contributor
major-contributor

Heh!

I love the title. If, for no other reason than it suggests that there was a time when they weren't "full retard"!

http://bgilchrist.wordpress.com/

10the NDP have gone full retard. Empty Re: the NDP have gone full retard. Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:31 pm

usedtoliveinstb

usedtoliveinstb

LivingDead wrote:after debt is paid cut income taxes

So you're in favour of NEVER cutting income taxes? Razz

11the NDP have gone full retard. Empty Re: the NDP have gone full retard. Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:36 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I am in favour of abolishing welfare. Cutting the parasites off would save the tax payers a ton. And by parasites I mean those who can work not those who are physically/mentally unable to.

12the NDP have gone full retard. Empty Re: the NDP have gone full retard. Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:44 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

So remove welfare but increase the disability payments? mostly a good idea.

13the NDP have gone full retard. Empty Re: the NDP have gone full retard. Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:49 am

usedtoliveinstb

usedtoliveinstb

Goth_chic wrote:I am in favour of abolishing welfare. Cutting the parasites off would save the tax payers a ton. And by parasites I mean those who can work not those who are physically/mentally unable to.

The basic economics principle: subsidize anything and there will be more of it. In this case, unproductiveness.

14the NDP have gone full retard. Empty Re: the NDP have gone full retard. Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:11 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

So what do they do when someone like Harvey or Lillian say, to hell with you, we are running anyway? Would they actually be stupid enough to not support the more popular with the people candidate over their own more popular with the NDP candidate?

15the NDP have gone full retard. Empty Re: the NDP have gone full retard. Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:40 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

seems this aint working out so well eh?

First Thomas and Judy ignore this and go their own way.

now Ross Eadie is doing his own thing and going after lazarenko

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/two-time-ndp-hopeful-sets-sights-on-new-ward-83622812.html

so... has the NDP noticed the backlash (not only from citizen but even from sitting NDP councilors) and backed off?

16the NDP have gone full retard. Empty Re: the NDP have gone full retard. Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:12 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Someday, Ross Eadie will get elected to something, somehow, by somebody. At least he has campaign experience.

17the NDP have gone full retard. Empty Re: the NDP have gone full retard. Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:31 am

Anonymous

One must admit...he is a very successful loser.

18the NDP have gone full retard. Empty Re: the NDP have gone full retard. Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:44 am

Anonymous

Goth_chic wrote:I am in favour of abolishing welfare. Cutting the parasites off would save the tax payers a ton. And by parasites I mean those who can work not those who are physically/mentally unable to.

Got my vote

19the NDP have gone full retard. Empty Re: the NDP have gone full retard. Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:49 pm

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Does anybody know who that "truthbetold" guy is that keeps going after just about everybody that's says something bad in commentaries about katz?...

Check out my commentaries in yesterday's FP and how he came back and then I came back...and...

I have been at it with him since last Oct and I suspect he might be "associated" with Sammy in some way....anybody know?...GGF

20the NDP have gone full retard. Empty Re: the NDP have gone full retard. Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:40 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Maybe post a link. It'll aid in finding these posts you refer to ggf.

21the NDP have gone full retard. Empty Re: the NDP have gone full retard. Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:02 pm

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Sorry GOM...Here it is...and down in the commentaries...I have had many such incidents with this dude(tte) since I said Oct previously but I believe it was actually Nov...either way...I have been keeping a close watch on him/her...and I am almost convinced he/she is one of Sammy's spin doc's as a result...GGF

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/wyatt-eyes-run-vs-katz-says-city-rudderless-83704177.html

22the NDP have gone full retard. Empty Re: the NDP have gone full retard. Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:33 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

@GGF. Freeman is convinced that you're a shill for the NDP. You appeared on the scene about the time that the NDP floated out the idea of fielding candiates to run against Katz, you have taken every opportunity to bash the Mayor for any minutiae that you could find, in this forum as well as the FP, what else are we to surmise?...freeman

23the NDP have gone full retard. Empty Re: the NDP have gone full retard. Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:00 am

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

I truly do not know Freeman...but I am still at this very moment "completely Independent" from "All" political parties and or organizations...I haven't even been approached by a single one yet and that is still OK for the moment...and I will disclose why I like being "independent from all parties for the moment" maybe soon...GGF

24the NDP have gone full retard. Empty Re: the NDP have gone full retard. Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:05 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Freeman wants to know why GGF is keeping us in suspense on so many subjects? Who does GGF think is going to approach him to run for office when GGF has not not presented any issues other than allowing every Tom, Dick and Larry access to accounting information, which is impractical and expensive....freeman

25the NDP have gone full retard. Empty Re: the NDP have gone full retard. Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:27 am

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Never said I was looking for anything in office at the moment now did I?...

And there are other ways of doing things for the moment that can be as effective if not more effective for the moment and or right now...

And one way or the other...

I'm no fool in not knowing that I do have a bit of a "public fan fare" going on right now and probably growing each day but I have always had one of those fan fares one way or the other and mainly in a more private basis and the difference now is that it has become more "public" and that has been and always will be tremendously appreciated by GGF...

And also because I live by my "own convictions and beliefs first and foremost"...

And what happens next will "always" happen next one way or the other...GGF

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum