the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

When police shoot at vehicles...

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1When police shoot at vehicles... Empty When police shoot at vehicles... Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:01 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

what are they trying to hit?
Is it more of a warning shot at the vehicle? Its happened a few times now in the last yearish and you would think that the cops would have killed or at least hit one of these pieces of garbage by now.
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/story/4247820p-4891020c.html
But they always seem to miss the driver. They cant possibly be actually aiming for them if they dont hit them can they? I personally think they should start shooting at the driver if they are not, and if they are then they need more weapons training.

2When police shoot at vehicles... Empty Re: When police shoot at vehicles... Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:17 pm

Anonymous

You as usual have something in your mind made up about this story on the little info you have . My quess is there is more to it then so far we know .

3When police shoot at vehicles... Empty Re: When police shoot at vehicles... Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:55 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Nothing in my mind made up other then they should start shooting these little bastards when given the legal opportunity. There is no probation from a gunshot to the head.

4When police shoot at vehicles... Empty Re: When police shoot at vehicles... Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:38 am

Anonymous

Thats one way of looking at it and I do agree it is time to get tough on criminals.

5When police shoot at vehicles... Empty Re: When police shoot at vehicles... Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:09 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Police using a firearm is considered the application of deadly force. In other words, the cop feels that he and/or others are likely to be killed or suffer grevious bodily harm and are allowed to use deadly force to protect themselves or others. Hitting a moving target while under incredible stress with a pistol is an incredibly hard thing to do. Standard police issue rounds are low power and the bullets shatter easily to minimize the chance of richochets, so shooting through a car door or even a rolled up window makes the chance of actually accomplishing anything even more difficult.

6When police shoot at vehicles... Empty Re: When police shoot at vehicles... Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:20 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I have it on good authority that those vehicles being targeted were in dire need of an oil change and un update on their air conditioning tune up requirements!

http://www.elansofas.com

7When police shoot at vehicles... Empty Re: When police shoot at vehicles... Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:53 am

Anonymous

Was that right cause I heard that the driver would not put down his cell when phoned and asked to.

8When police shoot at vehicles... Empty Re: When police shoot at vehicles... Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:05 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I was able to hit a moving target with a pistol at the tender age of 12. Granted it was not a car trying to kill me. But police should be well trained enough to be able to handle that I would hope. Regardless this is a serious question are they trying to hit the person in the car or just make it look like they are?

9When police shoot at vehicles... Empty Re: When police shoot at vehicles... Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:33 am

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

They are coming right at us.