the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

no lines at H1N1 clinics today.....

+3
rosencrentz
Riverman
Deank
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Empty no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:45 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

http://www.winnipegsun.com/news/winnipeg/2009/11/17/11777731.html
I wonder how many more doses will spoil being unused now that demand for the shot is waning?

2no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Empty Re: no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:47 pm

Riverman

Riverman

Friday wasn't busy either, my son and I got ours on Munroe. It was very well organized IMO.

The shots won't spoil unless they are drawn into the syringe and are not used for 24 hours.

3no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Empty Re: no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:49 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/1300-vaccine-doses-unusable-70262432.html

Once the vaccine and the adjuvant have been mixed, the shot has only a 24-hour shelf life before it expires.
But that's not the only deadline nurses need to worry about.
Once the mixed vaccine has been sucked from the vial into a needle, the dose is good for only an hour or four hours in the fridge.
At the city's 12 clinics, volunteers often mix the vaccine and get the needles ready and hand them off to nurses to administer, which speeds the process at busy clinics.

two ways for it to expire apparently.

4no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Empty Re: no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:51 pm

Riverman

Riverman

I stand corrected.
I noticed 4 prepared shots on the table when I got mine.

5no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Empty Re: no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:52 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"The Liberals also criticized the federal government Monday for not paying to get flu materials translated into other languages besides French and English. Liberal health critic Carolyn Bennett said the government should help cover the costs to have the information in the 60 or 70 languages needed across Canada."

excuse me? WTF??? I am sorry but our official languages are French and English. What do we then use as the line to draw for what languages to translate to? Can I get that translation in Klingon you fricken hand holding liberal pieces of garbage?

6no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Empty Re: no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:45 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

The H1N1 flu is just a mild flu with less problems compared to the previous "regular" flu.
The damn media has worked the world to spend a billion dollars on stupid flu shots.
The background to this big joke is it is Phizer paying off 2 people in the TV, Radio and internet o spread rumours.
Health canada announced yesterday that H1N1 in Canada is nothing to worry about at all.
No one has any common sense in the bureaucracy!

http://www.elansofas.com

7no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Empty Re: no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:42 pm

Anonymous

rosencrentz wrote:The H1N1 flu is just a mild flu with less problems compared to the previous "regular" flu.
The damn media has worked the world to spend a billion dollars on stupid flu shots.
The background to this big joke is it is Phizer paying off 2 people in the TV, Radio and internet o spread rumours.
Health canada announced yesterday that H1N1 in Canada is nothing to worry about at all.

I hope you are right, but I've heard otherwise from a Nurse friend...

8no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Empty Re: no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:05 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

HurtinAlbertan wrote:
rosencrentz wrote:The H1N1 flu is just a mild flu with less problems compared to the previous "regular" flu.

I hope you are right, but I've heard otherwise from a Nurse friend...

Really? I know a few nurses and they all agree that this flu isn't as bad as the media is portraying. I don't know one person who has contracted this flu.

9no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Empty Re: no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:23 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

you probably know hundreds.. if not thousands... its just that little of an impact that most people notice.

10no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Empty Re: no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:29 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Deank wrote:you probably know hundreds.. if not thousands... its just that little of an impact that most people notice.

I probably had it but just didn't notice....okay let me rephrase, I don't know anyone who has become seriously ill from this flu.

11no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Empty Re: no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:38 pm

death128

death128
contributor
contributor

Apparently, the Republicans own the army suppliers and the Democrats own the medicinal companies. lol

12no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Empty Re: no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:48 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

As it was explained to me, H1N1 is a relatively minor flu in the overall scheme of things, but because it is so easily spread, a large percentage of the population will be exposed to it.

13no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Empty Re: no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:13 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Well I guess this H1N1 flu was blown way out of proportion. I did not know anyone who became seriously ill or died from this flu and according to the news only 7 deaths and all those who died had underlying health conditions. I am so happy I never did get that shot. Smile

14no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Empty Re: no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:29 pm

Anonymous

A few bucks were made in producing those vaccines ya' think? Smile

15no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Empty Re: no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:36 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

lets think about this though....

FLU of all types across the country are way down. The repsonse of washing hands and other such things HAD to have helped with that. But was it worth the cost? I say no.. perhaps the other initiatives for sure, but the flu shot? definately not.

16no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Empty Re: no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:14 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Washing hands has zero to do with catching the flu! The key is to hide underneath one's desk and to pray that the Y2K Flu won't get you and your computer!

http://www.elansofas.com

17no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Empty Re: no lines at H1N1 clinics today..... Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:06 pm

cherenkov

cherenkov
contributor plus
contributor plus

I still may get the shot. There are millions of doses out there that will expire. I might has well shoot myself up with one before that happens.

http://anybody-want-a-peanut.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum