the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Political differences

+2
Miz point
LivingDead
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Political differences Empty Political differences Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:49 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

If a conservative doesn’t like guns, he doesn`t buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn`t eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy.
A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a black man or Hispanic are conservative, they see themselves as independently successful.
Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government
protection.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn’t like a talk show host, he switches channels.
A liberal demands that those they don’t like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn’t go to church.
A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced. (Unless it’s a foreign religion, of course!)

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a conservative slips and falls in a store, he gets up, laughs and is embarrassed.
If a liberal slips and falls, he grabs his neck, moans like he's in labor
and then sues.

If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
A liberal will delete it because he's "offended".

Last edited by LivingDead on Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:00 pm; edited 3 times in total

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

2Political differences Empty Re: Political differences Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:53 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

funny stuff Political differences Icon_smile

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

3Political differences Empty Re: Political differences Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:57 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

What the heck is with the text editor today? or am I just having a bad day?

4Political differences Empty Re: Political differences Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:18 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Good post.

btw not sure if the text issue is you or the forum. I'm gonna guess you... Smile

5Political differences Empty Re: Political differences Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:25 am

Anonymous

I've sent a copy to a certain Liberal member in my area....man she sure is a "member" too.

Enjoy it Anita.

6Political differences Empty Re: Political differences Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:48 pm

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

HAHA That sure is a funny email you got yourself there....

;-)

7Political differences Empty Re: Political differences Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:36 pm

helgihg

helgihg

Gross oversimplification, and on some of those topics I'd expect the exact opposite, but a somewhat funny post nonetheless.

When a conservative sees a foreign threat he prepares for war while a liberal might are to ask why it's there. For example, why does Iran *hate* the US? Because the US replaced a democratically elected government with a murderous dictatorship in 1953. This is undisputed history. It was replaced by the Islamic revolution because Iran lost its faith in democracy, because it knows, which is true, that the US and UK will not allow democracy in Iran unless it suits their interest, specifically oil interest... specifically for a company called British Petroleum. (Iran's hostility towards Israel and its nuclear program are a direct and easily foreseeable result of how the west have screwed Iran over several times, but don't get me wrong, Iran is a real threat nonetheless that needs to be dealt with... but let's try to remember why.)

Now, conservatives will go on and on about how horrible the Islamic revolution was to Iran, and it's true. But maybe it would help to apologize for one's past mistakes and try to freaking learn something from it. That apology got Obama a standing ovation in Egypt just a few months ago, and for good reason... because the Arabic world deserves an apology for how the west has behaved throughout history towards it. I cannot think of a single foreign threat except North-Korea which the west itself is not directly responsible for and should have bloody known better. It's not a matter of giving up, it's just a matter of learning from your mistakes.

On the homosexuality thing, OH PUH-LEASE, homosexuals have been oppressed for thousands of years and are still detested by many conservatives who think it's their business to tell others how to live their sex lives. This obnoxious and ridiculous "debate" over homosexual marriage is a perfect example of this. Liberals tend to believe in this crazy, liberal idea of the same rights for all, and ensuring those rights is not an infringement on yours. To ensure the same rights for homosexuals that heterosexuals take for granted is not legislating respect, it's exactly the same thing that gave women rights. And at the time, CONSERVATIVES opposed those. It was CONSERVATIVES who were opposed to desegregation of the races, and CONSERVATIVES who were against the abolition of slavery. It's CONSERVATIVES who dictate to you which chemicals you're allowed to put in your own body. It was CONSERVATIVES who have wanted to ban things, not liberals.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with conservatives on some things like certain parts of economics (which are far too complicated to stamp either conservative or liberal). But when conservatives go liberal-bashing, I'll remind them that conservatives have traditionally been against the most important achievements in the progression of the human race! It's like some kind of backwardsism, sometimes.

Last but not least, I'll throw out the caveat that things are not simply conservative or liberal, and a lot of modern-day conservative ideas are traditionally liberal and vice versa.

8Political differences Empty Re: Political differences Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:41 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

helgihg wrote:Gross oversimplification, and on some of those topics I'd expect the exact opposite, but a somewhat funny post nonetheless.

When a conservative sees a foreign threat he prepares for war while a liberal might are to ask why it's there. For example, why does Iran *hate* the US? Because the US replaced a democratically elected government with a murderous dictatorship in 1953. This is undisputed history. It was replaced by the Islamic revolution because Iran lost its faith in democracy, because it knows, which is true, that the US and UK will not allow democracy in Iran unless it suits their interest, specifically oil interest... specifically for a company called British Petroleum. (Iran's hostility towards Israel and its nuclear program are a direct and easily foreseeable result of how the west have screwed Iran over several times, but don't get me wrong, Iran is a real threat nonetheless that needs to be dealt with... but let's try to remember why.)

Now, conservatives will go on and on about how horrible the Islamic revolution was to Iran, and it's true. But maybe it would help to apologize for one's past mistakes and try to freaking learn something from it. That apology got Obama a standing ovation in Egypt just a few months ago, and for good reason... because the Arabic world deserves an apology for how the west has behaved throughout history towards it. I cannot think of a single foreign threat except North-Korea which the west itself is not directly responsible for and should have bloody known better. It's not a matter of giving up, it's just a matter of learning from your mistakes.

On the homosexuality thing, OH PUH-LEASE, homosexuals have been oppressed for thousands of years and are still detested by many conservatives who think it's their business to tell others how to live their sex lives. This obnoxious and ridiculous "debate" over homosexual marriage is a perfect example of this. Liberals tend to believe in this crazy, liberal idea of the same rights for all, and ensuring those rights is not an infringement on yours. To ensure the same rights for homosexuals that heterosexuals take for granted is not legislating respect, it's exactly the same thing that gave women rights. And at the time, CONSERVATIVES opposed those. It was CONSERVATIVES who were opposed to desegregation of the races, and CONSERVATIVES who were against the abolition of slavery. It's CONSERVATIVES who dictate to you which chemicals you're allowed to put in your own body. It was CONSERVATIVES who have wanted to ban things, not liberals.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with conservatives on some things like certain parts of economics (which are far too complicated to stamp either conservative or liberal). But when conservatives go liberal-bashing, I'll remind them that conservatives have traditionally been against the most important achievements in the progression of the human race! It's like some kind of backwardsism, sometimes.

Last but not least, I'll throw out the caveat that things are not simply conservative or liberal, and a lot of modern-day conservative ideas are traditionally liberal and vice versa.

In case you missed it . It was humour Wink

9Political differences Empty Re: Political differences Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:43 pm

helgihg

helgihg

Oh yeah, I know, I just like to pick a fight. Political differences Icon_wink I'm conservative that way. Political differences 711221 Political differences 808814

10Political differences Empty Re: Political differences Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:44 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

G.O.M. - SANDBOX ADMINISTRATOR- wow- what an AVITAR!!

http://www.elansofas.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum