the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breaking News: "Homeless Hero" saves another life!

+4
Miz point
grumpy old man
rosencrentz
Deank
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Anonymous

'Homeless hero' saves second person from river

By: Staff Writer

4/09/2009 2:47 PM | Comments: 9

Breaking News:  "Homeless Hero" saves another life! 1162127
Faron Hall, sitting on the riverside bench where he used to sleep, reflects on his heroic lifesaving deed earlier this year.

WINNIPEG - Police are searching for the body of a man believed drowned near the Norwood Bridge after he jumped into the Red River to try to save his girlfriend — who was eventually saved by this spring's "homeless hero." The woman was pulled from the river alive by none other than Faron Hall, who rocketed to local fame in May after rescuing a teen from the river.

A group of friends had been drinking wine together in the morning by the river, according to a man who identified himself as "Zone," who comforted the group after the 1 p.m. incident. The woman accidentally slipped into the river, but didn’t know how to swim. Her boyfriend tried to help her, but didn’t know how to swim, either. After Hall rescued the woman, he tried to save the man, but the missing man had already gone under.

A spokesman for the Winnipeg Fire and Paramedic Service said there is no hope the man is still alive. Hall was originally known as the "homeless hero," but his selflessness inspired admirers to help him find an apartment.
aldo.santin@freepress.mb.ca

-----

It's unbelievable that this man has now saved two people from almost certain death. It's just unfortunate, he could not get to the woman's boyfriend in time...

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

holy christ!

Anonymous

Absolutely the weirdest!!!

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

This guy is really pissing me off! Hogging all the headlines!

http://www.elansofas.com

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Rosen, you should begin hanging out under the Sal's bridge instead of your gazebo. Then you to can save all the drowning victims in Winnipeg instead of saving that obscene drunk that passed out at your BBQ.

You can start tomorrow in case one of us eats to much breakfast at the Sal's and falls off the bridge.

Last edited by grumpy old man on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : us not use...)

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Drinking wine by the river on a lovely day....serendipitous for sure

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Those "free spirit" people have it all over us! I am retired, tired, and cannot keep from my gazeebo, where I am currently smoking up a smelly storm!

http://www.elansofas.com

jimj_wpg

jimj_wpg
contributor
contributor

Their nickname was "Zone"?

Pretty obvious now that the kid and this woman that Faron tried to save didn't exist or

Totally military psy op. because the military like to label things as "zones". Everything is a zone to them.

What are the odds of someone saving another human, twice within the same year, except for maybe during the Tribulation period we're heading for? I'd say it would be billions to one chance.

wpg_idiot

wpg_idiot
contributor
contributor

Right place at the right time. Pure luck (except he hangs out at the river lots). I wonder if this hero thing will get to his head?

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

They had some interesting video on CTV news last night. Faron may well have jumped in to save these peeps. But, by God, he looked absolutely hammered. There was an officer trying to steer Faron (somewhere) and it looked like he could barely stand. He appeared completely out-of-it in later footage of him sitting on a curb.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

It was a nice day to drink.......hehehe.

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

wpg_idiot

wpg_idiot
contributor
contributor

grumpy old man wrote:They had some interesting video on CTV news last night. Faron may well have jumped in to save these peeps. But, by God, he looked absolutely hammered. There was an officer trying to steer Faron (somewhere) and it looked like he could barely stand. He appeared completely out-of-it in later footage of him sitting on a curb.

Surprised?

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

A little. To be as drunk as he appeared to be and still jump in that river to pull out a drowning victim...

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

I have a hard time with this Hero stuff. Those people should be charged with the cost of emergency services for getting hammered daily at water's edge and "falling in". None are victims and none are hero's. I'm embarrassed to watch the national news and see how Winnipeg is reflected - top story two nights ago. Same thing last week with the baby smashing incident and same thing the prior week for multiple shootings and then of course the wedding shooting. Damn pathetic. By the way - that video of this drunk was 3 hours after he STOPPED drinking - which party commenced hours earlier at 10am. If there's another gold medal and key to the City then I will puke.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Seems to me that if I were with a group of people drinking on the side of the river... and I dove into the river... I might be a wee bit cold and a wee bit shook up from NOT saving the one guy and I would have downed whatever was left in whatever bottle to calm the nerves and to warm up.

Anonymous

I can hear it now....some Indian Chief asking demanding safe-drinking-sites down at the river.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

JTF wrote:I can hear it now....some Indian Chief asking demanding safe-drinking-sites down at the river.

Well, its obvious that they can't be safe and by the river at the same time, unless we start posting lifeguards....and lets not take this debate down that road.

Anonymous

LOL

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Deank wrote:Seems to me that if I were with a group of people drinking on the side of the river... and I dove into the river... I might be a wee bit cold and a wee bit shook up from NOT saving the one guy and I would have downed whatever was left in whatever bottle to calm the nerves and to warm up.

Well, looking at his condition on the video, I would surmise that he must have been pretty calm and warm before he jumped in.

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

The river is immediately in my back yard. My family has been down there all day. It's not dangerous to be by the river. The danger is having alcoholics passing out with one foot already in the water. Like I said - there are no victims nor heroes in these pathetic stories. Based on today's newspaper - several beatings and another violent car-jacking downtown - I'd be a proponent for a city-wide midnight curfew for ages 17 and under. Start charging parents of delinquesnts also - including for the damage they cause. Anybody publicly intoxicated should be put into a facility that will be built to house them. They can clean the toilets and cut the grass before being let loose again. And pay the $10 nightly fee. No money? It will come off of their next "cheque". I think Winnipegger's have been de-senstized and tolerant long enough. Remember what I wrote because it will be part of a political platform of some party that is inevitably formed to save this province from continuing this rocket-slide to oblivion. Those will be the people deserving of gold medals and keys to the city - not the Faron's of this city. Good grief.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I think Faron is well over 18.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

The Main Street Project is for folks detained under the Intoxicated Persons Detention Act. Check it out sometime.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I don't believe the implication was that Faron was under 18. Mostly it is a rant on methods of taking back our streets.

I say deport all criminals to their own nation.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:I don't believe the implication was that Faron was under 18. Mostly it is a rant on methods of taking back our streets.

I say deport all criminals to their own nation.

Ohh, so where would we send DeanK? Is The Pas considered a nation?

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Just next door I believe... Opasquiak Cree Nation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum