the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phillies Win World Series

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Phillies Win World Series Empty Phillies Win World Series Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:08 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I'm not a baseball fan to begin with but I usually watch some of the World Series. Not this year. Not even a minute.

Does anybody in Canada really care for baseball? Is the apathy, if any, comparable to US apathy to hockey?

2Phillies Win World Series Empty Re: Phillies Win World Series Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:10 am

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I don't care about it. The only time I saw Canada care was when Toronto won the world series.

3Phillies Win World Series Empty Re: Phillies Win World Series Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:30 am

Anonymous

I just like the sound of ..." da Phillies win da woild series..."...that's about it.

4Phillies Win World Series Empty Re: Phillies Win World Series Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:55 am

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Goth_chic wrote:I don't care about it. The only time I saw Canada care was when Toronto won the world series.

Ironically...they beat the Phillies Smile).

http://www.photage.ca

5Phillies Win World Series Empty Re: Phillies Win World Series Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:00 am

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

I was going to watch it...actually had some time to kill and figured "I'm from the Philly area...I should watch at least one game"...turns out it was the one that was rained out...so watched the Eskimos spank Saskatchewan instead Very Happy.

The apathy for baseball is rampant in the US too though. MOST people don't even care about it anymore. About the only time people get excited about it, is when THEIR team is in a major game, or when records are being broken. The same thing that is ruining hockey, is ruining baseball, football etc.

Expanding the leagues so much that you don't really have "professional" players on the teams has caused the games to be no fun. Add to that the costs of tickets, concessions, and you have basically alienated the general public...those who are the bread & butter of these sports. Teams should be developing "all-stars" and "showmanship", instead of just filling their roster. Most of these athletes have the potential to be great...it's a matter of getting the public behind them that will benefit everyone.

http://www.photage.ca

6Phillies Win World Series Empty Re: Phillies Win World Series Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:30 am

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

I don't follow baseball at all. I think the sport has lost a lot of lustre with all the steroid controversies.

7Phillies Win World Series Empty Re: Phillies Win World Series Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:31 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

baseball is fun to watch with your kids at the ballpark. Other then that... its about as entertaining as watching golf.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum