the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Free Press Smears Canad Inns with misleading story on the Front page.

+7
rosencrentz
Miz point
Jondo
grumpy old man
Freeman
Deank
manitobapost
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

manitobapost

manitobapost

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Yeah I was looking at that article and thinking the same thing.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Three sides to every story, yours, mine and the truth.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

There is an awful lot of animus these days to the media in general. I'm disappointed in the way this story unfolded. Kives is usually a good writer.

That said we ought to take everything we read and hear in the media with a grain of salt. That includes newspaper, radio, TV and BLOGS...

Listened to Marty Gold last night in yet another one of his ridiculous anti-Free Press rants. He was going on and on and on about a topic and every now and then telling us he had not asked for the other side's view. If you don't have the view from the other side don't go off...

The same Gold that brought Scott Taylor in as his guest to discuss Winnipeg media stealing stories from the Free Press.

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Where does one listen to Marty Gold (never heard of him)?

manitobapost

manitobapost

Jondo wrote:Where does one listen to Marty Gold (never heard of him)?

92.9 FM weekdays at 4 PM

I agree with alot that he says , and he loves to hate the Free Press, no question about that. I think I am the only caller he has ever hung up on after disagreeing with him on something, though. It's the best radio in Winnipeg at that time of day.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

His show is like the scene of an accident - what you see might be horrid you are compelled to look.

What you might hear on Gold's show might just be the most annoying thing you'll hear all day yet you just have to listen...

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

manitobapost wrote:

92.9 FM weekdays at 4 PM

I agree with alot that he says , and he loves to hate the Free Press, no question about that. I think I am the only caller he has ever hung up on after disagreeing with him on something, though. It's the best radio in Winnipeg at that time of day.

What is his call in phone number. I'd like to have at him...

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Is that the dude that used to have a very strange public broadcast TV show in the 80's with his sister?

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

No....that was Ron and Natalie Pollock......the Marty on the telly was "Math with Marty"......a pianist and math dude.....(insert jokes about the 12 inch pianist)

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Miz point wrote:No....that was Ron and Natalie Pollock......the Marty on the telly was "Math with Marty"......a pianist and math dude.....(iA man walks into a bar with a paper bag. He sits down and places the bag on the counter. The bartender walks up and says, “Hey, what's in the bag?”

So, the man reaches into the bag and pulls out a little man, all of about maybe 12 inches tall, and he sets him on the counter.

He reaches back into the bag and pulls out a small piano. Then he reaches into the bag pulls out a tiny piano bench.

The little man sits down at the piano and starts playing a beautiful piece by Mozart.

"Where on earth did you get that?", the bartender asks.

The man responds by reaching into the paper bag and pulling out what looks like a little genie lamp. He hands it to the bartender and says, "Here, rub it."

So the bartender rubs the lamp, and suddenly there's a puff of smoke and a genie magically appears and says, "I will grant you one wish, just one."

The bartender gets really excited, and without hesitating, he says, "I wish I had a million bucks !"

A few moments later, a duck walks into the bar, and then another duck, and then another. Pretty soon, the entire bar is filled with ducks and they keep coming!

The bartender turns to the man and says, "Y'know, I think your genie's a little hard of hearing. I asked for a million bucks, not a million ducks!"

To which the man answers "Do you really think I asked for a 12-inch pianist?!")

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Ahh yes, it was. And thanks, yes - Marty the Math guy was where my memory was going. So I remain unaware, after spending my enire life in Wpg - as to who Marty Gold is. Surely he has a history that led to him being on the radio and properly dissing the Freep.

Anonymous

Freeman wrote:Three sides to every story, yours, mine and the truth.

Ledohowski was on 'OB and said it was nonsense. He has several permits before the city and work is well underway.

I believe him over the FREEP reporter any day.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

from reading the story it seems perhaps the only information the writer had was centureventure..

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Jondo wrote:Ahh yes, it was. And thanks, yes - Marty the Math guy was where my memory was going. So I remain unaware, after spending my enire life in Wpg - as to who Marty Gold is. Surely he has a history that led to him being on the radio and properly dissing the Freep.

yeah it's called sour grapes.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Deank wrote:from reading the story it seems perhaps the only information the writer had was centureventure..

Not a trustworthy source given their reticence to even give out their charter and bylaws!

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Newspapers and the truth? Who is smoking dope and then trying to make any sense?

http://www.elansofas.com

cherenkov

cherenkov
contributor plus
contributor plus

Bart has a follow-up story in today's paper with some corrected info, if anybody is interested ...

http://anybody-want-a-peanut.blogspot.com/

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

no apology though eh?

cherenkov

cherenkov
contributor plus
contributor plus

Nope, and he's sticking with the story that they haven't applied for any permits yet either, after talking to somebody at city hall.

http://anybody-want-a-peanut.blogspot.com/

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I read somewhere that maybe the permits were not in Canadinns name???

Anonymous

The address of the work will still be shown.

I have a feeling that the FREEP and Ledohowski are not too friendly....something to do with Asker perhaps and shet sticking to flies.

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

cherenkov wrote:Bart has a follow-up story in today's paper with some corrected info, if anybody is interested ...

Here is the story...

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/theatre-remake-still-in-plan-says-hotel-chain-53929952.html

On Thursday, the hotel chain issued a statement that they have already spent $500,000 on interior renovations that included capping a basement well, roof repairs, the removal of an interior drop ceiling and the installation of a temporary furnace.

The chain said it has submitted preliminary interior plans to the city and has applied to demolish the non-heritage structure that sits south of the building. Canad Inns will soon apply for permits to restore the exterior and is in the midst of selecting contractors to perform the work, the statement said.

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Next time, maybe Kives will give the villian of his story more than half a day to respond before publishing.

umcrouc0

umcrouc0
contributor plus
contributor plus

You can search permits by address online. Nothing for 281 Donald but there's a demo permit for 273.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum