the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nova Scotia Green Party to possibly be delisted.

+2
rosencrentz
Deank
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2009/06/29/ns-green-party-funding-elections.html?ref=rss&loomia_si=t0:a16:g2:r1:c0.108352:b26138480

"
But one longtime supporter, Michael Marshall, said it should never have been left this long. Marshall, a Green candidate in the recent election, said the party gets its money almost entirely from the province.
"The other parties get much of their revenue from their own supporters. We don't. We have a heightened obligation to meet the letter of the law," said Marshall."

yeah... and why exactly are you a party then?

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Do we have a provincial green party? I don't think you need a provincial and a federal one, as the federal one seems to be in really good shape with their dumb leader who refuses to run in a riding where she might have a chance, but chooses to run against a Conservative Cabinet minister.
Anyone figure that one out?
Anyone care?
The Green Party I think got 500,000 votes and at $2 per vote should have tons of money to put a brain in their leaders head!

http://www.elansofas.com

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

yup we have a provincial green party leader and quite frankly is one of the best Green Party people I have seen across all the different provincial and federal green parties

http://greenparty.mb.ca/GPM/JamesBeddome.html

He could go far.

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Deank wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2009/06/29/ns-green-party-funding-elections.html?ref=rss&loomia_si=t0:a16:g2:r1:c0.108352:b26138480

"
But one longtime supporter, Michael Marshall, said it should never have been left this long. Marshall, a Green candidate in the recent election, said the party gets its money almost entirely from the province.
"The other parties get much of their revenue from their own supporters. We don't. We have a heightened obligation to meet the letter of the law," said Marshall."

yeah... and why exactly are you a party then?

I think the point is the Conservatives are supported by rich business owners and corporate types, the Liberals are supported by the rich bleeding hearts and academics, and the NDP is supported by rich unions. The greens are champions of the poor, so they can't afford to support the party that wants to support them.

sarcasm Either that, or green party supporters spend all their money on weed. sarcasm end

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"The greens are champions of the poor, so they can't afford to support the party that wants to support them."

hehe.... except for the GREENS are always the ones calling for the highest tax rate in order to pay for all the dreams Razz

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Could a Manitoba Party / Green Party coalition work? LOL

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Deank wrote:"The greens are champions of the poor, so they can't afford to support the party that wants to support them."

hehe.... except for the GREENS are always the ones calling for the highest tax rate in order to pay for all the dreams Razz

But isn't it a flat tax rate, after a certain level of income? (going by memory here)

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

There are income surtaxes at certain income milestones.

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

grumpy old man wrote:There are income surtaxes at certain income milestones.

Isn't that what we have today? Are they proposing moving the milestones?

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

They dont really say on the Manitoba website how they plan on paying for all their ideas.

ideas such as

provide a living wage a basic income for all manitobans to ensure poverty is eliminated.

localizing the production of goods and services used in manitoba

control energy usage

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

provide a living wage a basic income for all manitobans to ensure poverty is eliminated. -- From taxing income above and beyond a negotiated minimum tax-free earnings limit.

localizing the production of goods and services used in manitoba - fuel tax?

control energy usage - paid for by exporting power we don't use.

Just my suggestions/best guesses. I don't represent the greens or any political party that is currently in existence...

Anonymous

Personally speaking, if the Green Party / Parties went away tomorrow, I'd not see a difference in Canadian politics....and we would get to hear a lot less bullshit from EllieMay et al.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Could say the same thing about the NDP federally at least.

Still, Canadian politics need serious reform. Something has to change. The way we do things now borders on the ludicrous.

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

excellent point GOM! And I haven't heard anything from Elizabeth May, or Jack Layton in quite a while. So is JTF tuned in to their blogs or just got a witetap on their phones? Where are you hearing this stuff, JTF?

I think the green party plays an important role in Canadian politics to induce the mainstream parties to consider sustainability in their decisions.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

grumpy old man wrote:Could say the same thing about the NDP federally at least.

Still, Canadian politics need serious reform. Something has to change. The way we do things now borders on the ludicrous.

provincially too...

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Deank wrote:
grumpy old man wrote:Could say the same thing about the NDP federally at least.

provincially too...

thank you, captain obvious! LOL

Anonymous

FlyingRat wrote:excellent point GOM! And I haven't heard anything from Elizabeth May, or Jack Layton in quite a while. So is JTF tuned in to their blogs or just got a witetap on their phones? Where are you hearing this stuff, JTF?
To what stuff are you referring?

I think the green party plays an important role in Canadian politics to induce the mainstream parties to consider sustainability in their decisions.
...and we need ElieMay to do this? I don't think so.

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

@JTF: the bullshit to which you refer. Is Elie May still talking? Is anyone still listening? Has there been any press on her? I haven't seen any.

And no, it doesn't require Elie May to be the leader or mouthpiece.

Anonymous

think the point is the Conservatives are supported by rich business owners and corporate types, the Liberals are supported by the rich bleeding hearts and academics, and the NDP is supported by rich unions. The greens are champions of the poor, so they can't afford to support the party that wants to support them.

And who,s going to support the Manitoba party ? Or are you guys going to say no to tax dollars.

Anonymous

And the change you talk of, what and how Dean, Grumpy . Well I agree change is needed , I also understand how hard it is to roll over an elephant .

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Not one single tax dollar will go to funding the Manitoba party save the Tax savings people will get for donating.

any "per vote" dollars we get. would in my opinion be donated to some worthy cause.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

FlyingRat wrote:excellent point GOM! And I haven't heard anything from Elizabeth May, or Jack Layton in quite a while. So is JTF tuned in to their blogs or just got a witetap on their phones? Where are you hearing this stuff, JTF?

Had trouble sleeping the other night, caught Jack on an infomercial selling software to learn how to use software. At least he made sense on that one.

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Freeman wrote:Had trouble sleeping the other night, caught Jack on an infomercial selling software to learn how to use software. At least he made sense on that one.

I actually found that software...the ENTIRE collection for only $9.99.

Covers MS Office, Adobe CS3, and a few other programs as well.

Also covers Windows XP.

I installed them...haven't done any of the lessons yet...but seems pretty good from the intros I've watched.

Funny thing is...Jack isn't even in the videos...it's not even his voice recorded when it's reading things to you.

http://www.photage.ca

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

AGEsAces wrote:
Freeman wrote:Had trouble sleeping the other night, caught Jack on an infomercial selling software to learn how to use software. At least he made sense on that one.

I actually found that software...the ENTIRE collection for only $9.99.

Covers MS Office, Adobe CS3, and a few other programs as well.

Also covers Windows XP.

I installed them...haven't done any of the lessons yet...but seems pretty good from the intros I've watched.

Funny thing is...Jack isn't even in the videos...it's not even his voice recorded when it's reading things to you.

Thats the NDP for ya, advertise with this Hot hip guy, and give you some crappy other person Smile

Anonymous

Deank wrote:Not one single tax dollar will go to funding the Manitoba party save the Tax savings people will get for donating.

any "per vote" dollars we get. would in my opinion be donated to some worthy cause.

And you will raise the 150 to 350 thousand needed to get your ass into serious contention , Not to say that it can,t be done just want to make sure you fully understand what it takes to get your self in now a days . The party is another story , money greases the wheel like it or not till you change that .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum