the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tony Romas

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tony Romas Empty Tony Romas Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:48 am

sun_wukong

sun_wukong

Stupid Tony Romas.... they renovated the Pembina location. I still love their wings, but everything else stinks, and I don't like it.

They have gone with the Earl's "everything open and all sounds can be heard" kind of dining experience. It's good because my kids can scream and yell and you would never hear it against the deafening wall of sound, but not good because of the same reason.

I have come to expect Earl's to be noisy. It just is, but now Tony Roma's is the same way, open concept. They are also still working out the logisitcs of how to serve. They seemed very confused... like ants running around with no purpose.

The only thing I got, which was right, was my wings. The soup I ordered was wrong, my bread had no butter and I do love my butter.

Moaning aside, if you like the Earl's experience, here you have it again.... Dark interior, loud, with 15 greeters at the door with headsets. I really want to know if those headsets work. What is said to them? What do they say? Are they necessary?

Next time I will ask them.

2Tony Romas Empty Re: Tony Romas Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:57 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

They are rating each customers hotness as they walk in the door. They need to keep the level of hotness across the floor the same and they all use the headsets to rate you and agree on the rating. They use a balance 2 hot tables to every 1 not hot table.
So.. if you looked left and right and both other tables had hot people there... well guess what category your fell in?

3Tony Romas Empty Re: Tony Romas Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:58 am

sun_wukong

sun_wukong

I was surrounded by hot people..... CRYING....

4Tony Romas Empty Re: Tony Romas Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:01 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

and oh yeah.. I hate the noise level in places like that. Not sure what the reason for even going out to eat is when you cant here the people across the table talking. Or in fact what the waitress says when you ask her what the soup of the day is.

5Tony Romas Empty Re: Tony Romas Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:34 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Sun_Wukong- so you are one of the couple's taking their noisy kids to a restaurant, ruining everyone's supper !!!! lol!

http://www.elansofas.com

6Tony Romas Empty Re: Tony Romas Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:37 pm

sun_wukong

sun_wukong

haha, I wish my kids were loud. No, they are pretty good now. When my son was 2 we took him to Moxies and he freaked out. We stopped taking him to nicer places until he was not a 'problem' :-)

I know I could be obnoxious and take my crying kids out, but I felt it was not polite of me to do so. I try not to let other peoples kids bother me as I have my own, but when I hear a screetching child and the parents ignoring them, I was to stuff the kids mouth with dry dinner rolls until it shuts up.
Razz

7Tony Romas Empty Re: Tony Romas Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:52 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

sheesh its real easy people... keep the kids pop full, help them with the drink if you need to.. supply them with yours if needed until the server returns to fill the childs. Then and only then do you silence the "annoying" screams from the kids.

Everything else, all foods, forks, knives, poison tipped darts only hold their attention for a few minutes... drug them with pepsi and yours will be a peaceful dinner.

8Tony Romas Empty Re: Tony Romas Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:53 pm

sun_wukong

sun_wukong

I once slapped a ladies unruly child and she had the nerve to get mad with me!!!! Some people are just weird... hee hee.... Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum