the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

MSM comments are always to the left

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1MSM comments are always to the left Empty MSM comments are always to the left Thu May 28, 2009 12:34 am

winnipegceilingcat

winnipegceilingcat

is the Winnipeg Sun the only MSM source where the comments are not extremely to the left?

i just finished reading some of the comments on the Globe and Mail and it left me wishing that the Western Separatist party had representation here.

2MSM comments are always to the left Empty Re: MSM comments are always to the left Thu May 28, 2009 8:12 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I hesitate to call the Winnipeg Sun MSM...

I wonder if most MSM is pandering to the lowest common denominator? Or is it most peeps drawn to the MSM are left leaning to begin with? I really have no idea.

3MSM comments are always to the left Empty Re: MSM comments are always to the left Thu May 28, 2009 9:21 am

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:I hesitate to call the Winnipeg Sun MSM...

Good Post!

4MSM comments are always to the left Empty Re: MSM comments are always to the left Thu May 28, 2009 9:26 am

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

I guess it depends on your point of view.

Personally, I don't see the MSM as being extremely to the left...but then again, as far as Canadian media goes, I don't rely on them for much of my information. Aside from the Freep and SUN (for a good laugh) I don't read Canadian news papers.

If anything, from my perspective, I view their bias as centre-right.

Or are you talking about comments people leave after reading? I've detected many more left leaning comments being left on other Canadian news sites, witih the exception of a few (SUN for a local example)

5MSM comments are always to the left Empty Re: MSM comments are always to the left Thu May 28, 2009 2:29 pm

umcrouc0

umcrouc0
contributor plus
contributor plus

I agree, it depends on what you call MSM. And what you call 'left'. Globe and Mail typically supports the Liberals. But they are technically centre to centre right. National Post is to the right. The Sun is to the right. CJOB is far right but I don't know if I'd call them MSM. CBC is noramlly pretty central but they get framed as being to the left because they actually have some good reporters who expect all parties including the CPC to answer questions. The Freep has been pretty central right lately. It's hard to find an actual 'left' leaning mainstream media group. Maybe the occational article but not as an average of their coverage. Nothing from mainstream american sources are anything further left than centre-right.

6MSM comments are always to the left Empty Re: MSM comments are always to the left Fri May 29, 2009 9:55 am

Anonymous

Now that Mike Duffy has left the scene, the left-wingers sure do out-weigh the conservatives in the media imo.

Question: How many (in the MSM) people would be considered right-wing? I can't think of any at the moment.

7MSM comments are always to the left Empty Re: MSM comments are always to the left Fri May 29, 2009 9:56 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

well after Tom Brodbeck advocating for the spending of at least a billion dollars and closing schools for an undetermined time, I cant even say that he is right wing anymore.

8MSM comments are always to the left Empty Re: MSM comments are always to the left Fri May 29, 2009 10:19 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

What happened to Mike Duffy? Retire? And what is this about brodbeck advocating increased spending???

9MSM comments are always to the left Empty Re: MSM comments are always to the left Fri May 29, 2009 10:20 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Mike duffy = Senator

10MSM comments are always to the left Empty Re: MSM comments are always to the left Fri May 29, 2009 10:22 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Brodbeck thinks the NDP government is an ASS for not immediatly implementing a plan to rip out all Asbestos from 453 or whatever MB schools.

Brodbeck fails to mention in his article yesterday, the insane cost just for ripping it out never mind the cost for re-insulating, the amount of time the school would have to be closed for proper removal and fails to understand that even starting to remove it can cause more of a problem then leaving it.

11MSM comments are always to the left Empty Re: MSM comments are always to the left Fri May 29, 2009 10:51 am

Anonymous

...but apart from Brodbeck?

Sometimes I see a glimmer of hope in Jeffrey Simpson...but....

12MSM comments are always to the left Empty Re: MSM comments are always to the left Fri May 29, 2009 10:57 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Before they started begging for money some of the CTV toronto guys sounded right leaning.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum