the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Empty AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:16 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

So the moose finished first overall in points this season in the AHL. The Moose meet the Toronto Marlies in the first round of the playoffs, The same Marlies who beat the moose the last 6 times they played them this season!
Who will win?
Discuss.

2AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Empty Re: AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:26 pm

Anonymous

Here's hoping for them as it should be their time , but as you say this team has given them trouble .

3AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Empty Re: AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:59 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Marlies 2 Moose 1 late in the second.

Not much of a Moose fan. I've not been able to embrace the Moose/AHL. But good luck to them.

4AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Empty Re: AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:10 pm

Anonymous

Seeems the Moose lost in Overtime. Hopefully they don't choke in this series.

5AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Empty Re: AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:28 pm

Anonymous

I try to support it as it is a local person who took the time to get it for us . Yes it is not the big league but the big league, ain't what I grew up with either.

6AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Empty Re: AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:29 pm

Anonymous

Pavolo wrote:I try to support it as it is a local person who took the time to get it for us . Yes it is not the big league but the big league, ain't what I grew up with either.

|I grew up with the NHL Jets, so it's always been a challenge accepting the AHL.

7AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Empty Re: AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:45 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Going to the Moose game tonight. First game this year. Maybe first game in two years...

8AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Empty Re: AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:17 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

Moose up 3-1 at the end of the second!

9AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Empty Re: AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:24 pm

Anonymous

HurtinAlbertan wrote:
Pavolo wrote:I try to support it as it is a local person who took the time to get it for us . Yes it is not the big league but the big league, ain't what I grew up with either.

|I grew up with the NHL Jets, so it's always been a challenge accepting the AHL.

I grew up with the original 6 and find the game is not as good as it was to much clutch and grab and high sticking. And the series take to long to play out .

10AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Empty Re: AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:43 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

Moose win 4-2! Tie the series at 1 -1

11AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Empty Re: AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:45 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Horrid game though! The Moose played with little emotion. No hitting. Toronto abused them the whole game and the Moose timidly took it. They showed brief flashes of high quality but over-all they were outplayed.

12AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Empty Re: AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:19 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

Moose Won last night 5-1 to even up the series at 2-2!

13AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Empty Re: AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:21 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

whew

14AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Empty Re: AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:10 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Game 6
The Manitoba Moose confirmed that there will be more playoff hockey at the MTS Centre. The Moose thrashed the Toronto Marlies 5-1 at Ricoh Coliseum last night to tie the North Division Semi-final 2-2. The Moose and Marlies will play Game 5 in Toronto on Thursday night before heading back to Winnipeg for Game 6, and Game 7 if necessary. Game 6 will take place this Saturday, April 25 at 7:30 p.m., and if needed, Game 7 will take place on Tuesday, April 28 at 7:30 p.m. Jason Krog currently leads
the team with five points, while Jason Jaffray is the goal scoring leader with three.

HEAD TO HEAD:
The Moose and Marlies have split four games of the North Division Semi-final so far, leaving the series tied 2-2. The Moose have potted 12 goals while allowing 8. Manitoba won two of eight games against the Marlies in the regular season, with both wins coming on home ice. The Moose are 20-8-2-2 all-time against the Marlies in the regular season, and this is the first time that they have met in the playoffs. The Moose defeated the Marlies' former incarnation, the St. John's Maple Leafs, in five games in 2005. The Maple Leafs moved to Toronto for the 2005-06 season.

PLAYOFF DISCOUNT:
During the 2009 Calder Cup Playoffs, Off The Rack, the official store of the Manitoba Moose, is offering a 25% discount on all Moose wearables. This is the perfect time to stock up on official Moose t-shirts, hats, hoodies and jerseys.

If you'd like a copy of the e-mail to get the discount, PM me and I'll be happy to send you a copy of mine.

http://www.photage.ca

15AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Empty Re: AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:59 am

Anonymous

Go Moose

16AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Empty Re: AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:07 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

Moose win again 5-2 to take the series lead 3-2 and head back to the MTS center for game 6 !
YAY! :party 005:

17AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Empty Re: AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:16 am

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

sweet!

18AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Empty Re: AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:08 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Moose are leading 1-0 late in the first. Watched highlights today on CBC. You'd have thunk Toronto won game 5. Typical TO horsesh1te eh?

19AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Empty Re: AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:52 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

4-2 Moose very late in the 3rd. On to next round.

20AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Empty Re: AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:53 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

WOOO! :party 003:

21AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Empty Re: AHL Playoffs Toronto @ Manitoba Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:55 am

Anonymous

Yea it is time to go further in this round .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum