the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

can you tell how old people are by looking at them anymore?

+8
Electrician
FlyingRat
grumpy old man
AGEsAces
Mantha
IG Guy
casualchris
Deank
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

was a time...about when I was around 16ish I guess that you could for the most part have a very accurate gage on people's age based on how they look.
now .. not so much

girls who are way too young to even be driving easily get into bars because they look much older then they are, older adults with young kids get looks of reproach because they look to young to be having kids.
My wife and I certainly dont look the damn near 40 that we are. Maybe its because of better nutrition, less smoking, more drugs and chemicals in the food?

Anyone else notice this?

casualchris

contributor plus
contributor plus

Deank wrote:was a time...about when I was around 16ish I guess that you could for the most part have a very accurate gage on people's age based on how they look.
now .. not so much

girls who are way too young to even be driving easily get into bars because they look much older then they are, older adults with young kids get looks of reproach because they look to young to be having kids.
My wife and I certainly dont look the damn near 40 that we are. Maybe its because of better nutrition, less smoking, more drugs and chemicals in the food?

Anyone else notice this?

I definately do notice this, however I also think your own personal aging comes into effect here.

When you're 15 you can tell the difference between a 13 and a 16 year old, when you're 40 thts probably harder. Similarly, when your 40 you can tell the difference between a 35 and 45 year old, where as to the 15 year old, those look pretty similar.

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

Before I met my girlfriend and we started dating, it felt like I honestly would have to ask girls for proof of age! lol because you could taking to a girl that you thought was 19 - 20 but was actually 16 - 17. It was a scary time indeed!

Anonymous

Good observation cc.

But as I get older, I also find that young people seem to be getting smarter at a younger age.

casualchris

contributor plus
contributor plus

IG Guy wrote:Before I met my girlfriend and we started dating, it felt like I honestly would have to ask girls for proof of age! lol because you could taking to a girl that you thought was 19 - 20 but was actually 16 - 17. It was a scary time indeed!

And mine is 5.5 years younger than me, sometimes i get strange looks because even for her, she looks younger than her age.

but I DID ask to see a proof,

Last edited by casualchris on Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mantha

Mantha
contributor plus
contributor plus

I recently ran into a scenario on the bus where a few high school gals and a similarly aged guy were standing in front of me. All the girls, imo, were more done up than was necessary, trying to look older, but one in particular was really pushing the limits. I remarked to myself that there was no way in HELL I was going to be comfortable letting my daughter go out the door looking like THAT when she's in high school.

As they got downtown, one of the girls asked this girl if they were "getting close yet, Ms. !

Turns out she was the teacher (I think this was the week they had some kind of career fair downtown). I swear to god, this teacher looked 16.

I'm getting old.

http://yaciuk.blogspot.com

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

men dont get old they just turn into perverts Smile

casualchris

contributor plus
contributor plus

Mantha wrote:I'm getting old.
Join the club!!

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Mantha wrote: I remarked to myself that there was no way in HELL I was going to be comfortable letting my daughter go out the door looking like THAT when she's in high school.

I made a comment like that to my wife about my daughter.

She said "Like that ever stopped me. I'd just dress the way my dad wanted...then go to my friend's house and change."

Good luck with stopping your daughter Wink

http://www.photage.ca

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

Mantha wrote:I recently ran into a scenario on the bus where a few high school gals and a similarly aged guy were standing in front of me. All the girls, imo, were more done up than was necessary, trying to look older, but one in particular was really pushing the limits. I remarked to myself that there was no way in HELL I was going to be comfortable letting my daughter go out the door looking like THAT when she's in high school.

As they got downtown, one of the girls asked this girl if they were "getting close yet, Ms. !

Turns out she was the teacher (I think this was the week they had some kind of career fair downtown). I swear to god, this teacher looked 16.

I'm getting old.

well the teacher is fair game... I might have felt conflicted though with her students there.. lol! j/k

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Deank wrote:My wife and I certainly dont look the damn near 40 that we are.
Heh heh... Wanna bet? Smile

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

You feel old? Rosen and JTF were here before God...

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

grumpy old man wrote:
Deank wrote:My wife and I certainly dont look the damn near 40 that we are.
Heh heh... Wanna bet? Smile

LOL YOU look at least 40.. me I dont look a day over 28.

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

grumpy old man wrote:You feel old? Rosen and JTF were here before God...
I hear they invented Him!

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

FlyingRat wrote:
grumpy old man wrote:You feel old? Rosen and JTF were here before God...
I hear they invented Him!

Not true!!!
God wasted TWO DAYS creating Rosen and JTF!!!!

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

Anonymous

People always think I am in my mid 20's. Of course, I do nothing to deter that assumption.

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

I have decided that I will be forever 29 and holding, and nothing will ever change that!

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

When I was 35 I was still getting carded at the bar, beer vendor and liquor store. Once I had kids that all changed! Kids age a person.... Sad

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Goth_chic wrote:When I was 35 I was still getting carded at the bar, beer vendor and liquor store. Once I had kids that all changed! Kids age a person.... Sad

Tell me about it.

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

HurtinAlbertan wrote:People always think I am in my mid 20's. Of course, I do nothing to deter that assumption.

Cause you're really 17, and like going to the bar? Wink

casualchris

contributor plus
contributor plus

FlyingRat wrote:
HurtinAlbertan wrote:People always think I am in my mid 20's. Of course, I do nothing to deter that assumption.

Cause you're really 17, and like going to the bar? Wink

haha, no, hes actually approaching 40 and has 5 kids, good for him kids dont age men to the same significance like GothChick mentions.........hurtinalbertan you craddlerobbing dog you!!!

cherenkov

cherenkov
contributor plus
contributor plus

I keep getting older, but 16 year old girls always stay the same age.

Giggidy giggidy. All riiiiight.. Smile

http://anybody-want-a-peanut.blogspot.com/

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

"So you 18 yet?
MOM!

I like where this is going... Alllllrrrright!"

lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]