the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Apple shuffles to smaller device

+3
FlyingRat
Freeman
IG Guy
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Apple shuffles to smaller device Empty Apple shuffles to smaller device Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:12 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

http://www.winnipegsun.com/entertainment/2009/03/11/8710521.html

How much smaller do they want them?? I already lose my Iphone enough as it is and those shuffles are already tiny! lol!

2Apple shuffles to smaller device Empty Re: Apple shuffles to smaller device Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:16 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I'm just pissed that by the time I can afford something neat and buy it, then they introduce something neater. At least I have my iPod.

3Apple shuffles to smaller device Empty Re: Apple shuffles to smaller device Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:18 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

oh yea. you buy a computer today its out of date with in 6 months. it is the digital age.
If the Ipod touch was available in 1992, it would have costed $3.2 million lol
kinda gives you an idea how technology has changed and dropped in price.

4Apple shuffles to smaller device Empty Re: Apple shuffles to smaller device Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:23 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

I remember when the age of obsolesce was 18 months. That is yet another thing getting smaller!

5Apple shuffles to smaller device Empty Re: Apple shuffles to smaller device Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:26 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

FlyingRat wrote:I remember when the age of obsolesce was 18 months. That is yet another thing getting smaller!

We're discussing technology getting smaller, not, well, other things. Very Happy

6Apple shuffles to smaller device Empty Re: Apple shuffles to smaller device Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:33 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

He said obsolescence not adolescence.

I'm waiting till my phone, ipod, camera, etc can all be worn on my wrist like a watch...or just in an earbud that I wear.

Currently I have all of those in a holster on my hip...but I keep leaning on it and taking random pictures while strange music plays.

http://www.photage.ca

7Apple shuffles to smaller device Empty Re: Apple shuffles to smaller device Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:37 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Thanks Ages.

Currently my phone, watch, camera, and mp3 player are all the same device. It could fit on my wrist if I had the right strap.

I'd say that day is coming soon.

8Apple shuffles to smaller device Empty Re: Apple shuffles to smaller device Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

voice activation alone would reduce the amount of space needed for the user interface and after that it pretty much would fit perfectly on your wrist

9Apple shuffles to smaller device Empty Re: Apple shuffles to smaller device Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:41 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

I have voice activation, but it sucks.

10Apple shuffles to smaller device Empty Re: Apple shuffles to smaller device Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:42 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

FlyingRat wrote:I have voice activation, but it sucks.

I think Rat & I have the same phone...or maybe we're just the same person...hmmm Smile

11Apple shuffles to smaller device Empty Re: Apple shuffles to smaller device Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:44 pm

Anonymous

I was known for having screaming matches with my old phone...the b1tch was half-deaf I swear!! Smile

12Apple shuffles to smaller device Empty Re: Apple shuffles to smaller device Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:09 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

i do beleive you can get a wrist watch that doubles as a MP3 player and possibly cell phone. lol!

13Apple shuffles to smaller device Empty Re: Apple shuffles to smaller device Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:23 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

IG Guy wrote:i do beleive you can get a wrist watch that doubles as a MP3 player and possibly cell phone. lol!

MP3 player version is available (about $50) in the US.

The only one I've seen with a phone in it (a couple years ago) still cost almost $3k without a plan.

14Apple shuffles to smaller device Empty Re: Apple shuffles to smaller device Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:25 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

AGEsAces wrote:
FlyingRat wrote:I have voice activation, but it sucks.

I think Rat & I have the same phone...or maybe we're just the same person...hmmm Smile

I have a Samsung A950. I don't use a holster though.

15Apple shuffles to smaller device Empty Re: Apple shuffles to smaller device Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:26 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

http://www.cbit.ca/Product.aspx?ProdID=11923

here ya go, everything but the camera in a wrist watch. Phone and MP4 player. right here in the city! lol!

EDIT: It even has a freakin camera! better then the one on my Iphone! Shocked

16Apple shuffles to smaller device Empty Re: Apple shuffles to smaller device Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:27 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Okay, now show me a camera integrated into a shoe!

17Apple shuffles to smaller device Empty Re: Apple shuffles to smaller device Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:39 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

http://www.unb.ca/bruns/0001/issue14/nuts/camera.html

Not sure if you can buy them. but camera shoes exist!

18Apple shuffles to smaller device Empty Re: Apple shuffles to smaller device Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:49 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

IG Guy wrote:http://www.cbit.ca/Product.aspx?ProdID=11923

here ya go, everything but the camera in a wrist watch. Phone and MP4 player. right here in the city! lol!

EDIT: It even has a freakin camera! better then the one on my Iphone! Shocked

All-in-all...that's better than my phone.
My camera is slightly better, and mine has address/e-mail functions...but still pretty cool...and cheaper than the one I have.

Might have to take another look at them when my contract is up next year.

19Apple shuffles to smaller device Empty Re: Apple shuffles to smaller device Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:54 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

wait. that watch phone has has 2mp camera and my iphone has 3.4mp. I thought mine only had 1.4mp camera. my bad.

20Apple shuffles to smaller device Empty Re: Apple shuffles to smaller device Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:00 pm

eastsider

eastsider
contributor plus
contributor plus

This thread reminds me of the king of gadgets........Maxwell Smart and the original rotary dial shoe phone! Very Happy

21Apple shuffles to smaller device Empty Re: Apple shuffles to smaller device Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:06 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

eastsider wrote:This thread reminds me of the king of gadgets........Maxwell Smart and the original rotary dial shoe phone! Very Happy

Are you sure you're not really JTF? or Rosie? or GOM? Very Happy

22Apple shuffles to smaller device Empty Re: Apple shuffles to smaller device Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:07 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Imagine if "Q" had worked for Control...

23Apple shuffles to smaller device Empty Re: Apple shuffles to smaller device Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:15 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

eastsider wrote:...Maxwell Smart and the original rotary dial shoe phone! Very Happy
Best show ever.

24Apple shuffles to smaller device Empty Re: Apple shuffles to smaller device Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:38 pm

eastsider

eastsider
contributor plus
contributor plus

grumpy old man wrote:
eastsider wrote:...Maxwell Smart and the original rotary dial shoe phone! Very Happy
Best show ever.
A couple of weekends ago I took my daughter to Movie Village on Osborne, we picked up a DVD rental of one of the seasons of Get Smart. After 40 years my 10 year old still loved every minute of it.

25Apple shuffles to smaller device Empty Re: Apple shuffles to smaller device Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:52 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

yeah the old get smart was great... that movie they made recently... wow that bit ass.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum