the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

mosquito fogging news already

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1mosquito fogging news already Empty mosquito fogging news already Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:26 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Article in one of the papers today... freep I think... talking about how people who are unwillingly in buffer zones are basically screwed and have to do whatever they want for skeeters on their own.

Simple enough solution. City of Winnipeg cuts a cheque to anyone within a buffer zone for whatever amount is being saved by their property not being sprayed. The owner can cash the cheque and use it on whatever they want...... OR... the owner can turn the cheque back to the city for a portable rental unit and enough "fog" to spray thier own property.

2mosquito fogging news already Empty Re: mosquito fogging news already Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:34 am

Anonymous

The cheques would be for what ?...$2. or so?

Best solution is to do away with the buffer zones, or, restrict the no-spray to just their property.

A neighbour was on the no-spray zone for one year. My brother sprayed his own adjacent property every day for a half hour. The no-spray lasted only one year.

3mosquito fogging news already Empty Re: mosquito fogging news already Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:42 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"The cheques would be for what ?...$2. or so?"

yup... thats my point of... allow people in the buffer zones to rent sprayers from the city for returning the cheque....

4mosquito fogging news already Empty Re: mosquito fogging news already Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:57 am

Anonymous

ahh..I didn't get the second part.

Heh...this would sure piss off a lot of Wolseleyites....

5mosquito fogging news already Empty Re: mosquito fogging news already Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:58 am

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

my neighbour is one of these hippies that don't like the city fogging. so i fog bomb the sh1t out my yard when the wind is blowing her direction so i get both yards at once. Very Happy

6mosquito fogging news already Empty Re: mosquito fogging news already Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:07 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

What you anti-hippie? , I call it common sense people probably don't realize and don't care, which is your right, is that when the city sprays, they kill all the butterflies as well.
I love butterflies!
Thoase damn butterflies have come all the way from Mexico! Even though are illegal aliens, I feel so bad for them!
Also killed are any bumble bees, any of those bugs that have dots on their backs!
And 2 days later all the mosquitoes are back, but not the bumblebees.
I need those bumblebees to keep my wife outside in her rose garden, so the odd mosquito bite should be acceptable.
Besides hardly any one ever goes outside in Winnipeg!
Those that do should bath in the appropriate poison to prevent mosquito bites, or join me in my gazeebo for a free beer and a free cigar to smoke them critters!

http://www.elansofas.com

7mosquito fogging news already Empty Re: mosquito fogging news already Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:18 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

don't forget the honets! little bastards!

8mosquito fogging news already Empty Re: mosquito fogging news already Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:41 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Any news on where the mosquitoes are hiding? How many millions of dollars has the city saved this year, by bringing col, windy and rainy weather to Winnipeg for all spring and summer and fall time?

http://www.elansofas.com

9mosquito fogging news already Empty Re: mosquito fogging news already Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:42 pm

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

How bad are the little bastards now?

10mosquito fogging news already Empty Re: mosquito fogging news already Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:53 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I heard they were hiding in a yard under a gazebo on Wellington.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum