the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canadian Women's Curling Championship

+2
rosencrentz
grumpy old man
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Canadian Women's Curling Championship Empty Canadian Women's Curling Championship Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:46 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Been watching with interest Jennifer Jones and her team win by fractions of centimeters; steal big; give up big steals. In the end they did again what they did last year in the Canadian championships and then again at the Worlds. She has a flair for the dramatic eh?

I would like to see her win again of course. But wow, that Saskatchewan team is something to behold. The four stunningly beautiful women got of to a rocky 0 - 3 start before ending the round robin with a 7 - 4 record. All this while dealing with the very real emotional heartbreak of two of the girls' mother's imminent death from cancer. I so wanted them to win.

2Canadian Women's Curling Championship Empty Re: Canadian Women's Curling Championship Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:08 pm

Anonymous

Jen doe's pull them out of the fire last night no exception . Excellent game back and forth .

3Canadian Women's Curling Championship Empty Re: Canadian Women's Curling Championship Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:28 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Blond bimboes out and about when their hubbies are stuck at home with the kids and the dirty dishes. Call in child services, and Molly Maid!

http://www.elansofas.com

4Canadian Women's Curling Championship Empty Re: Canadian Women's Curling Championship Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:35 pm

Anonymous

Jen the lawyer will love you rosen.

5Canadian Women's Curling Championship Empty Re: Canadian Women's Curling Championship Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:38 pm

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

Rosie the Canada rink only has 2 blonds so calling all of them blond is a bit off don't you think? Wonder how many more bonspeils at St Vital will be cancelled if they win because they want the privacy to practice.

6Canadian Women's Curling Championship Empty Re: Canadian Women's Curling Championship Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:44 pm

Anonymous

From what I hear Jen is taking time off to wind down . If she wins .

7Canadian Women's Curling Championship Empty Re: Canadian Women's Curling Championship Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:52 pm

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

She will have a very difficult game tonight against BC, not only having to deal the the #1 in the round robin but also the 5th player in the crowd cheering for the home town team. I most likely won't be home to watch but hope that the team who wins actually earns the win and isn't handed the win because of a mistake. Make the shots, earn the points, don't rely on your opposition to hand it to you on a platter.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I hardly think Jennifer/Canada rely on their opposition handing them the game. Seems like an odd comment.

The BC skip is an odd sort. She has created quite the controversy in Victoria. The "home town" crowd might not like her too much. I can't stand watching her curl. Anybody that chews gum like she does is annoying alone never mind all her other peccadilloes.

And this she-knob had the gall to dress down Jennifer and Cathy during the last round-robin game. A game BC lost btw. What a b1tch! I will take great pleasure out of watching Canada beat this she-knob in every way imaginable.

btw Rosen's "blond" comment is likely aimed at Saskatchewan. Ya just gotta know the comment is said in jest. That be rosen...

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

I know that Rosen was talking about Sask but it is a matter of opinion as to who are the bimboes.

And the BC skip may be an odd sort but she did finish #1 in the round robin and that says more to me than the fact that she lost to Jones. We each have our opinions on who is the better rink and who has the most attitude (good or bad) but I have had dealings with the so called defending champion and would love nothing better than to see her knocked off her self appointed pedestal.

But as I said who ever wins I do hope that it is a win and not a hand out. Winners are deserving as they have done it for themselves, takers are opportunists and have not earned anything. IMO

10Canadian Women's Curling Championship Empty Re: Canadian Women's Curling Championship Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:00 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Hiss Spit Hissssss.

I also know Cathy-Overton Clapham professionally and have the utmost respect for her. I'm disappointed it is being implied that she and her teammates are bimbo's.

I do believe Canada is a superior team and will win hands down. Canada will not win because BC lost. I'll be happy to say I told you so.

Sounds like someone has an axe to grind.

Hiss Spit Hissssss. Very Happy

11Canadian Women's Curling Championship Empty Re: Canadian Women's Curling Championship Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:10 pm

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

No axe to grind because I know that I could compete at that level so that is not the point. But when the attitude of this skip (not necessarily the rest of the team) is one that is above everyone else and that if they call the curling club and "demand" that the club cancel any activity that is going on because they decided they needed to practice in private then the pedestal needs to be knocked over. When a charity bonspiel has been booked and is full and has been paid for, for the club to even consider canceling because she has called is utter crap and that she would have the gall to even request a closed door practice is also the self proclaiming "holier than thou" attitude showing through. Just my personal experience with this rink, so if you want to call it an axe to grind......... whatever. She still needs to understand that she is representing Canada first and herself second when she puts that flag on her back. And I am not the only person who says that, even some of the curling gurus have made that statement in years past.

12Canadian Women's Curling Championship Empty Re: Canadian Women's Curling Championship Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:01 pm

Anonymous

No axe to grind because I know that I could compete at that level so that is not the point. But when the attitude of this skip (not necessarily the rest of the team) is one that is above everyone else and that if they call the curling club and "demand" that the club cancel any activity that is going on because they decided they needed to practice in private then the pedestal needs to be knocked over.
I agree. Find a cure for canser and I'll be impressed.

I once met a guy named Tom Wilson who was a curler on some winning team many years ago. I didn't have a clue to who he was and wassuitably not impressed.

Man, I never saw anyone that reacted that way before from having their bubble burst. Anybody remember who Tom Wilson the Curler was ? Didn't think so. Smile

13Canadian Women's Curling Championship Empty Re: Canadian Women's Curling Championship Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:50 pm

Anonymous

Would really like to know where you got your info from Holly also remember she has got this club more notice then any advertising they ever could have bought . She has also given many hours to charity of many forms . Think you need to chill.

14Canadian Women's Curling Championship Empty Re: Canadian Women's Curling Championship Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:00 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Some of you do not understand!
All women are blond bimboes!
Is that such a tough concept to understand?
The men all understand!
Get over it!
Live with it!
Or prove me wrong!

http://www.elansofas.com

15Canadian Women's Curling Championship Empty Re: Canadian Women's Curling Championship Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:15 pm

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

Pav,the bonspiel that was canceled was one I was participating in and we got a call about an hour before we were to be there that the bonspiel had been canceled and may not be rescheduled. When we eventually found out the reason for the cancellation was because team Jones needed to practice the person who organized the bonspiel was quite ticked off because it was a charity bonspiel for the Christmas Cheer Board. And you may think that she has brought a lot of notice to the club but because of her attitude she has also been the reason a lot of members have gone to other clubs. And she knew that the bonspiel was for charity and it still didn't seem to matter to her that she was cancelling something that was going to help the less fortunate.
And the only charities she ever gives hours to are high profile ones, when was the last time she ever went to Siloam Mission to serve a meal? Make a positive contribution to society and don't worry about how you are going to be perceived and maybe the respect will be there.

16Canadian Women's Curling Championship Empty Re: Canadian Women's Curling Championship Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:19 pm

Anonymous

Interesting I will have to dig she is a family freind , Thanks I will be descrete .

17Canadian Women's Curling Championship Empty Re: Canadian Women's Curling Championship Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:12 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

tell her she is hot.

18Canadian Women's Curling Championship Empty Re: Canadian Women's Curling Championship Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:23 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Ahem. I told ya so. Very Happy

Seriously though, that team played magnificently today. The best team won.

19Canadian Women's Curling Championship Empty Re: Canadian Women's Curling Championship Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:50 am

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

At least she actually won the game. And now I hope she remembers that she and her team are representing CANADA and not Jones at the Worlds.

20Canadian Women's Curling Championship Empty Re: Canadian Women's Curling Championship Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:02 am

Anonymous

Bitter Smile

21Canadian Women's Curling Championship Empty Re: Canadian Women's Curling Championship Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:04 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I would be pretty bitter as well if a fundraising event I was going to attend for my sons hockey was cancelled so the moose could practice.

22Canadian Women's Curling Championship Empty Re: Canadian Women's Curling Championship Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:11 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

A wise man recently said there are three sides to a story... We've heard one.

23Canadian Women's Curling Championship Empty Re: Canadian Women's Curling Championship Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:19 am

Anonymous

Iam waiting to hear 2

24Canadian Women's Curling Championship Empty Re: Canadian Women's Curling Championship Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:19 am

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

That is really sh!tty of the curling club.

25Canadian Women's Curling Championship Empty Re: Canadian Women's Curling Championship Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:35 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Kind of neat to hear about the inner circle of curling. Its always portrayed as a sport which encourages comraderie, good fellowship and sportsmanship. I'm chuckling hearing about the bad blood thats involved. At least in soccer, you can go out and whale somebody you don't like, I guess it would be bad form in curling if you whacked them with your broom or dropped a rock on their foot.
lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum