the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Stephen Harper a Jerk?

+5
Deank
Freeman
AGEsAces
grumpy old man
rosencrentz
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:12 am

Jondo

major-contributor
major-contributor

Pavlov grab a brain. Racist side of Reform? And then you go on to properly describe Quebec (sans the deserved vitriol). The only systemic racisim Canada has is QUEBEC itself. It should pop up in Wikipedia as the definition. But let's do it Canada-style - one who calls Quebec racist - is a racist. People are tired of this nonsense. The Reform movement will ultimately be responsible for the next Conservative majority. Canada will be right-wing for the next 20 years. That's how long it will take to reverse things like the YCJA and other left-ideology disasters.

27Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:55 pm

Anonymous

[edit] Immigration policy, language, and minority rights

The Reform Party advocated an immigration policy based solely on the economic needs of Canada.[11] Reform's early policy proposals for immigration were seen as highly controversial in Canada including a policy pamphlet called Blue Sheet that was issued in mid-1991 stating that Reformers opposed "any immigration based on race or creed or designed to radically or suddenly alter the ethnic makeup of Canada".[12] The statement was considered too controversial and subsequent Reform Party policy documents did not declare any similar concern for a radical alteration of the ethnic make-up of Canada.[13] However this controversy and others raised the question over whether Reform was intolerant to non-white people and whether the party harboured racist members.[13] Subsequent repeated accounts of xenophobic and racist statements by individual Reform party supporters and members spread this concern, though the party itself continuously denied that it supported such views.

28Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:58 pm

Anonymous

Now who should do some research, about the party .

29Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:14 pm

Anonymous

Members of Parliament (MP) such as Deborah Grey joined Manning in denouncing such intolerant people who joined the party.[7] Reform MPs Jan Brown and Stephen Harper (who would later become Prime Minister) in the 1994 Reform Party convention went against the majority of the delegates of the Reform Party by refusing to support a motion that called for the Reform Party to oppose the allowance of homosexual couples to be treated the same as heterosexual couples. In 1996, after Reform MP Bob Ringma stated in a newspaper interview that store owners should be free to move gays and "ethnics" "to the back of the shop", or even to fire them, if the presence of that individual offended a bigoted customer[19] and following Reform MP Dave Chatters' remark that it would be acceptable for a school to prevent a homosexual person from teaching in school, a crisis erupted in the Reform Party caucus after Manning did not censure their comments. Reform MPs Jan Brown and Jim Silye demanded that Manning reprimand Ringma and Chatters and both Brown and Silye threatened that they and other moderate Reformers would leave the party if no reprimand was taken. Manning proceeded to suspend Ringma and Chatters for several months but also reprimanded Brown and Silye for speaking out against the party. Brown and Silye both subsequently left the Reform Party and later ran as Progressive Conservative candidate

30Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:16 pm

Anonymous

Quebec had nothing to do with what I feel .

31Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:04 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Pavolo, I fail to find anything that resembles racism. In fact I could prove that those members who were called into question are no more or no less racist than the membership of all of Canada's political parties.

Please provide links to these posts of yours so I can verify their origin.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

32Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:13 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Pavolo wrote:[edit] Immigration policy, language, and minority rights

Link does not work.

33Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:16 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

It would appear the posts above without reference are clipped from Wikipedia.

Pavolo, kindly reference all posts that are not original. Thanks, the sandbox...

34Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:20 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I'd say perhaps the most effective way to debate an issue is to make a specific point and discuss it. The discussion should include specific references and links that support a point. Vague references and allusion only weakens a persons' POV.

35Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:22 pm

Anonymous

Not vague to me in the least , course I remember the news stories and the fuss it created . Sorry I gave to much credit to people and figure most would remember it . There are links to further show this if you wish to look as Iam to lazy to find them all for you .
All I wanted to show was the incident and the thought existed in their party, and our present PM was a member of said party. Probably would like to deny it now though .

36Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:47 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

I just can't believe somebody is playing the "race" card. Pavlov - some people propagated that empty hyperbole for a few years back in the '80's but even they got tired of answering to the glaring contradictions. Lost it's sexy, so to speak. Those be the Libs. Was good for business. But I'm sure they get a good laugh knowing there's a few die-hards still out there. Hey Pavlov - stop licking your balls - I didn't ring the bell yet. You should be sent to the other side of the planet to learn what racisim and discrimination is.

37Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:35 pm

helgihg

helgihg

He is a politician.

I mean... those are the facts.

38Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:20 pm

Anonymous

Ha ha ha You are funny Baboon o jondo Or whatever race you come from .

39Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:48 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Pavolo wrote:Ha ha ha You are funny Baboon o jondo Or whatever race you come from .
An Old Chum once said to me: "but the personal attacks of a few people given and taken get a bit much after a while".

Well, old chum, I agree...

40Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stephen Harper a Jerk? Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:55 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Love the broken english/sentences. What country do you come from? I'm from Canada. If you're looking for racists, then again - I suggest you go to the other side of the planet. In fact, spend some time there so you can learn just how "tolerant" they can be. When you flee - you can re-apply to come back to Canada. Hopefully we have strengthened policies by that time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum